Baby Jogger City Series Pictures of Elite and Mini...

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Melissa, What kind of support is in the bubble canopy of the Elite? I have a City classic stroller (3 part canopy) and it has metal bars up through the canopy for support. The Elite canopy is a round bubble type. Is the support bars through the canopy metal or plastic?

We have this one.

Last edited:
ADS

jlr9882

I am waiting on my new City Mini single in orange to get here, that I was able to use a 20% coupon on with BRU! I also got the parent console and cooler to go with it. Until it gets here, does anyone have a picture of the single with the seat reclined as far as it goes?

jlr9882

I got my City Mini in today!!! Now, I have a question. I bought the Jeep stroller start kit that fits most strollers. Everything works great, but I just wish I had a rain cover that fit better than that one. What is the best (but cheapest) rain cover that will fit on the City Mini? The one that came with the jeep set wasn't made for joggers, so it doesn't cover up where my son's feet will be. UPS should be here tomorrow with the parent console and cooler. I am really surprised I got the stroller first.

Shanora

I have that exact same Elite. I :love: it!!! Works really well for my DD and my DS#2!! That being said, I've only used the darn thing outside of the yard a handful of times. LOL. DD gets put into a wrap. The stroller is folded up and currently in the basement, and for the price I paid for it, I don't want to get rid of it, cause eventually DD will not want to be wrapped...and I'll eventually need the stroller.......

right

right??

left210

Do you have pictures of the strollers folded with wheels on side by side? I cannot decide if the larger tires will be too big. I know they can come off but it is not likely that I would take them off. Thanks.

MySillyKids

Do you have pictures of the strollers folded with wheels on side by side? I cannot decide if the larger tires will be too big. I know they can come off but it is not likely that I would take them off. Thanks.

If you can wait an hour, i have both of these in my house right now ;)

Okay, i had a spare minute:

photo333-1.jpg

photo-96.jpg

Baby jogger city mini single on the left, baby jogger City Elite single on the left.

left210

Wow thanks so much for doing that and so quickly too! I am struggling on what to get. I like the compactness and sunshade of the mini and am looking at the classic because of the bigger tires and smoother ride and great deal right now. I would assume the classic is very similar to your elite although I like the sunshade on the elite better than the classic. I am also considering the Joovy Kooper but really like the fold on the BJC series. Unfortunately I do not have anywhere to compare the strollers. It would be so much easier if I could go to a store and see all three together. Your info is so helpful since I do not have a store to see them. Any recommendations on what to get? I will be using it for the zoo, mall, outdoor sporting events like baseball, soccer, football, etc. My MAC Triumph will not roll at all at the outdoor events we go to and I do not like the sunshade on it. I keep going back to the classic but really like the mini too because it is so small. Thanks so much.

MySillyKids

Steer clear of the joovy kooper. It's junk. It really is. Every time i go to BRU, i play with it, and its NO WHERE near as good as the quality of my BJ's. (i have 3 :eek: )

I got my elite for my Special Needs kid, who runs away. I needed to keep him contained, for longer than the 50lb allows on the BJCMS/D. This goes to 75lbs. I haven't totally used it yet, because my SN kid is under 50lbs still, but i couldn't pass up the deal i got on it.

momtofour

So glad I found this thread!:)
I will be purchasing either the classic or the elite tomorrow. I need to make up my mind soon since I need it for our Disneyland trip in 2 weeks!:eek:
I will be primarily using it for my 6 yo with special needs. He is a runner and also needs his space. He weighs about 48 lbs and is 46 inches tall. I also have a 3 yo who would be in it occasionally.

Is there any difference in the classic and the elite as far as seat height? That is my biggest concern. There are some good deals out there right now for the classic, but if the elite will last me longer I will go that route.

Any opinions?

lovinwaves

So glad I found this thread!:)
I will be purchasing either the classic or the elite tomorrow. I need to make up my mind soon since I need it for our Disneyland trip in 2 weeks!:eek:
I will be primarily using it for my 6 yo with special needs. He is a runner and also needs his space. He weighs about 48 lbs and is 46 inches tall. I also have a 3 yo who would be in it occasionally.

Is there any difference in the classic and the elite as far as seat height? That is my biggest concern. There are some good deals out there right now for the classic, but if the elite will last me longer I will go that route.

Any opinions?

Gosh, I wish I could help you with the height question. I have had both strollers, but don't have both at my disposal right now where I could measure for you. I am going to guess they are the same in seat height. But, the Elite is going to give you more height room with the shade up because the hood is more "bubble" like.

Both strollers would really be just fine for you. The Elite and Classic are virtually on the same frame but the Elite has some extra very nice features, and of course is their newest model.

More cushion in fabric
Newer designed fabric
Built-in Parent organizer
Leg extender for baby
Access to basket under leg extender
Bubble hood
Magents that hold windows and side ventiliation (Classic just has velcro instead)
Has tether

Those are the only differences I can think of right now.

If you want to save some money and go with the Classic, you won't be disappointed, and will suit your needs just fine :)

momtofour

Gosh, I wish I could help you with the height question. I have had both strollers, but don't have both at my disposal right now where I could measure for you. I am going to guess they are the same in seat height. But, the Elite is going to give you more height room with the shade up because the hood is more "bubble" like.

Both strollers would really be just fine for you. The Elite and Classic are virtually on the same frame but the Elite has some extra very nice features, and of course is their newest model.

More cushion in fabric
Newer designed fabric
Built-in Parent organizer
Leg extender for baby
Access to basket under leg extender
Bubble hood
Magents that hold windows and side ventiliation (Classic just has velcro instead)
Has tether

Those are the only differences I can think of right now.

If you want to save some money and go with the Classic, you won't be disappointehttp://www.car-seat.org/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=79994d, and will suit your needs just fine :)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! :thanx!:
I am going to go with the classic since it is so much cheaper. I did find this link which shows the specs for each. I found it interesting that the seat backs are both 20" but the max head height for the elite is 4" higher. I guess it is because of the different canopy?:shrug-shoulders:
But is that 4" worth almost $200? probably not.
Thanks again!:thumbsup:

lovinwaves

Yeah, I agree, probably not worth the $200 especially considering it's only with the hood up.

If you want a great rigid (great for fountain drinks) parent organizer, insulated drink holder, try the Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy $9.99 :thumbsup.

momtofour

I just ordered the City Classic in Brown/Stone from BRU!:)
$219 plus tax (Free shipping!). Earlier today they only showed the black/red in stock (not my preferred colors), but I checked again and the brown/stone came up as in stock!:2thumbsup:

cookie123

I like the mini. Is it adequate for say the Renaissance Festival - a little off roadish? Actually, probably more than a little. Bit that's probably the only place we would go that isn't paved.

left210

I ordered the City Classic from BRU today. I am excited to get it and hope I made the right decision. My theory was I can always get a city mini but not always be able to get the classic or elite for $219.

lovinwaves

I like the mini. Is it adequate for say the Renaissance Festival - a little off roadish? Actually, probably more than a little. Bit that's probably the only place we would go that isn't paved.

I can just tell you what it won't handle very well. Gravel, sand, mud, but clumps of dirt, wood chips. I think that's all :p

But if the ground is like trampled down grass or smoothed dirt then it would be fine. There is a bit of suspension it in, and the front wheel locks, so that helps. Since the plastic wheels on the Mini are oversized as well, so that makes it more manuverable as well. Only have 3 wheels makes it have less resistance on the ground, therefore easier to push and steer.

Noumba29

Good afternoon ladies,
I'm french and my english is not very good.
I have a 2 1/2 years old, he is tall, we had a mutsy stroller but we had troubles with and the company gave me the money back. We have to buy a new stroller but it's hard to choose. We would like to buy a stroller for long walking but not running, for shopping too and travelling. I like Baby Jogger City series because it's so easy to fold. Do you recommand City Mini or City Elite? I can have almost the same price for both.
Thanks, Nathalie

lovinwaves

Good afternoon ladies,
I'm french and my english is not very good.
I have a 2 1/2 years old, he is tall, we had a mutsy stroller but we had troubles with and the company gave me the money back. We have to buy a new stroller but it's hard to choose. We would like to buy a stroller for long walking but not running, for shopping too and travelling. I like Baby Jogger City series because it's so easy to fold. Do you recommand City Mini or City Elite? I can have almost the same price for both.
Thanks, Nathalie

welcome Nathalie, and your English is just fine :) I had no problems reading your post.

The Mini is going to be considerably lighter since it has plastic wheels vs. air tire wheels on the Elite. While the Elite is perfect for walks outside and any outdoor events, the Mini can't really be counted out. Even though it's wheels are plastic they are quite large at 9inches, and seem to handle some terrain just fine, and still give the child a little bit of a suspension.

The Mini will handle smaller store setting easier too since it is more compact, and you aren't having to push around and turn the front large air tire wheel on the Elite.

Both strollers would be fine for what you are wanting, but I think it just really comes down to if you want the air tires or not.

Noumba29

Thank you lovinwaves,
I tried the city mini with my son in a store (32 pounds), it was a little hard to push. I'm not able to try the city Elite (first store to far from me). It seems better choice for me, my concern is about the weight of the stroller, 26 pounds, I think it's a lot, do you feel the weight when you push it?
Nathalie.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC