News Mobile Test Style

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I am testing a new mobile style for most devices. Is is a lightweight no-frills style that lacks many features, but should allow for easier reading on most phones and small tablets. It may be auto selected by most mobile browsers, but you should be able to override it and click the Desktop Style link at the top if you prefer it that way. Please report problems here. Thanks!

This should not affect app users at all.

Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

SnoGurl

I am testing a new mobile style for most devices. Is is a lightweight no-frills style that lacks many features, but should allow for easier reading on most phones and small tablets. It may be auto selected by most mobile browsers, but you should be able to override it and click the Desktop Style link at the top if you prefer it that way. Please report problems here. Thanks!

This should not affect app users at all.

Posted via Mobile Device

Not a problem, but just wanted to say so far I LOVE it! I'm on a bbQ10, and its working great. Love the no frills-- I was forever hitting the 'thanks' button on the desktop version, or visiting profiles instead of threads. Much appreciated, and hope it (or something like it!) sticks around!

munchkin

I hate change! And was freaking out when I had to close this page and reopen on my phone and couldn't figure out how get it back to blue. But I did.

I did like the other one if I could handle the brightness of the background though. I like the disabled features and the ease of use. Is there anyway to have the 'no-frills' version but a less bright color? Does that make sense?

And I just want to say thank you for all you do for this forum and the constant work to improve it!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Seems fine, but I can't moderate from it, and that's pretty much the only reason I ever go to c-s.o on my phone's browser.

Since we're at it, ios7 lets you add bookmarks to a menu that comes up as soon as you open Safari. Some websites have cute little icons, and others are just generic compasses. Car-seat.org is a generic compass right now. Any way of getting a better icon?

I could screenshot it for you, but I'm too lazy. I'll show you on Monday if I need to.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm not a fan. I clicked to go back to desktop view (CHANGE SUCKS Y'ALL) and it put the stupid sidebar on even though I have no sidebar selected. :mad:

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I'm not a fan. I clicked to go back to desktop view (CHANGE SUCKS Y'ALL) and it put the stupid sidebar on even though I have no sidebar selected. :mad:

If you click the link on the mobile thread to go to Desktop Style, it goes to the default style (with sidebar). You could then select the pull down style selector to choose any style.

If anyone has issues with it not remembering your style choice, please post here as well.

I am also seeking a way for the mobile auto selector to only apply to unregistered visitors, but I do not know if this is possible.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I hate change! And was freaking out when I had to close this page and reopen on my phone and couldn't figure out how get it back to blue. But I did.

I did like the other one if I could handle the brightness of the background though. I like the disabled features and the ease of use. Is there anyway to have the 'no-frills' version but a less bright color? Does that make sense?

I will look into using the off-white background color like the desktop style, but I don't know if I will get to it in the next few days or not.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you click the link on the mobile thread to go to Desktop Style, it goes to the default style (with sidebar). You could then select the pull down style selector to choose any style.

If anyone has issues with it not remembering your style choice, please post here as well.

I am also seeking a way for the mobile auto selector to only apply to unregistered visitors, but I do not know if this is possible.

Is there a different drop down than the one in my profile? Because I checked and that still says no sidebar is selected.

Also I just tried to click the arrow to go the last post in a subforum from the main page to get here, and it took me to Amazon. Five times in a, row. What the?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Is there a different drop down than the one in my profile? Because I checked and that still says no sidebar is selected.

Also I just tried to click the arrow to go the last post in a subforum from the main page to get here, and it took me to Amazon. Five times in a, row. What the?

If you are on a desktop style, there's one at the very bottom left side of every page also.

When you got Amazon, was this on a mobile style or desktop style? Can you provide a screenshot of what you clicked so I can test please?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I figured it out, but can't reproduce the issue. What browser?

Is it still happening consistently or to where you can reproduce it at will?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm... On my Android? It doesn't happen on my computer. It happens consistently on my phone. It takes me to Amazon Mom specifically, btw, if that helps.

Melizerd

I'm not happy. :( even when I select desktop style which I have to do every time a new window opens it disentangle go back to my color scheme :(

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I'm... On my Android? It doesn't happen on my computer. It happens consistently on my phone. It takes me to Amazon Mom specifically, btw, if that helps.

Okay, so you are using the desktop style on an Android device? I tried it on mine and could not replicate.

I have disabled the auto-selection for the moment. Does it still happen?

I'm not happy. :( even when I select desktop style which I have to do every time a new window opens it disentangle go back to my color scheme :(

This is just a test, please bear with me:) Does it work better now?

Melizerd

What we expect perfection immediately ;) :love:

It seems to be fixed that I don't have to click the desktop style each time right now. So that's a good thing. I just always feel like I'm not logged in if it's not my scheme.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It still happens- but I figured it out.

There's an ad on the sidebar for Amazon mom.

I switched to no sidebar (once it let me- first time it sent me to Amazon again...) and it fixed it.

Apparently the clickable area for that ad is overly large, but unseen, and for some reason covers some buttons (but not others?)

I knew there were reasons to hate that stupid sidebar :p

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
It still happens- but I figured it out.

There's an ad on the sidebar for Amazon mom.

I switched to no sidebar (once it let me- first time it sent me to Amazon again...) and it fixed it.

Apparently the clickable area for that ad is overly large, but unseen, and for some reason covers some buttons (but not others?)

I knew there were reasons to hate that stupid sidebar :p

Thanks! That one is easy enough to fix. Can you please check to see if it is working now, as others may have the same issue?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

And I just want to say thank you for all you do for this forum and the constant work to improve it!

Is that easier on the eyes now? You will have to manually select the "Mobile and Tablet Lite" style or use this link to test it:

http://www.car-seat.org/index.php?styleid=66

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC