Bob vs BJCM GT

dawnp15

I need a new double stroller terribly but know nothing about them. I need something that turns like a dream and has good storage under. The GT's are on sale right now so i'm leaning towards that only because of the good price. Any help is very much appreciated!!!!

ADS

jgomez411

I'm also looking at the GT as well. I wanted a Bob but I want something that doesn't take up a lot of space and the GT definitely fits that bill! I'm not a hardcore runner, I'm more of a walker/jogger so the small wheels don't bother me. Once I sell my 2 others strollers, I am going to convince my DH to let me get a GT.

daniele_ut

If you just want something that has all-terrain tires for things like bumpy sidewalks, grass, playground mulch, etc, then I'd get the BJCM GT. If you want to jog at all then I would get the BOB.

The GT is a much more compact fold than the BOB so if you will be putting it in your trunk, that's something to consider.

YinzerMama

I don't think the basket on the baby jogger minis is anything to write home about. I had the older style Bob Dualie and the basket was decent. I fit a good bit under there. The basket under the new style is even more accessible and slightly flared/lower so you can fit more stuff, though I prefer the styling of the old personally. I only run if I am in danger so I never ran with mine but it was so smooth and easy to take anywhere, it was my only double for a while.

kaharris83

I've got both. I use my BOB for our weekly treks around the local lake. It's muddy and the terrain is all sorts of rough. I have the new style, I used to have the old. The basket on the new BOB is not good at all. My GT lives in my truck and I use it for everything else. Stores, playgrounds, neighborhood walks, travel... The basket is more easily accessed from the side and holds quite a bit of stuff. I may be able to use my GT for my lake walks but I really love my Duallie for those so I haven't even tried.

YinzerMama

I've got both. I use my BOB for our weekly treks around the local lake. It's muddy and the terrain is all sorts of rough. I have the new style, I used to have the old. The basket on the new BOB is not good at all. My GT lives in my truck and I use it for everything else. Stores, playgrounds, neighborhood walks, travel... The basket is more easily accessed from the side and holds quite a bit of stuff. I may be able to use my GT for my lake walks but I really love my Duallie for those so I haven't even tried.

Really? I thought the basket on the new single was slightly better so assumed it would be slightly better on the double as well. How is it not good?

ebp913

I don't really jog but I really wanted the best push I could get on our terrible sidewalks and up and down curbs a lot. I LOVE my Duallie for that purpose. I had an Indie Twin before but sold it and moved to the BOB. If fold is more important to you than push, get the GT. If push is your most important thing and you won't use in the car much, I would get the BOB.

You could also look at the Summit double which has the BJ fold on an air tire stroller.

dawnp15

I'm not a jogger at all, but we do some hiking while camping and we live on a dirt road. Also DD2 who is 5 is physically handicapped and can't walk very far on her own. So when i have push a 5 year old and a heavy 2 year old, i think i need something that pushes easily with a lot of weight in it. We drive a mini van, so which ever i choose needs to fit in the back with a little room to spare for extra things. I'm still really torn! I love how the GT folds so easily and doesn't take up as much space folded, but i get the feeling that the BOB is super easy to push.

Right now there is a used BOB on craigslist for $350, a near new condition B-agile for $275, or i can get a brand new GT for $375........

kaharris83

The BOB push will be the better push hands down with a 5 year old and 2 year old. If you take the back wheels off, just takes a second, it isn't that much bigger than the GT folded really. The front wheel is what makes it kind of awkward folded with the back wheels removed.

YinzerMama

I got a summit x3 single recently and am contemplating putting my bob out to pasture.

Despite the reviews I find my Bob works better for a bigger kid - because the seat sags so you gain some head room.

In pretty much all other respects I prefer the baby jogger.

The bob has a fork in front that is fixed to the frame. The front wheel goes in there. On the baby jogger the fork is fixed to the wheel and the whole thing snaps into place. So if you remove the wheels to fold it it is flatter then the Bob. The double looks to be the same.

It's pricey, though. I got an open box deal on the single. And I don't know if you want to have to remove all the wheels each time you fold it.

dawnp15

Ok 1 more question lol! I found a used BJCM GT on craiglist bought less than a year ago. They were asking $450, and i emailed them asking if they would consider offers since you can get a new one for $375-385. They emailed back and said they are open to offers and didn't know the price had came down so much. So what would be a reasonable offer for a not quite year old stroller?

kaharris83

Ok 1 more question lol! I found a used BJCM GT on craiglist bought less than a year ago. They were asking $450, and i emailed them asking if they would consider offers since you can get a new one for $375-385. They emailed back and said they are open to offers and didn't know the price had came down so much. So what would be a reasonable offer for a not quite year old stroller?[/Q

I would offer $325. You won't be getting a warranty if you buy used so I'd want to be getting a really good deal to make up for that. The prices will go back up though I'm pretty sure. BJ changed their logo so retailers seem to be clearing out the old stock to make room for the new and then I'm pretty sure the retail will go back up. The newer models are still selling for $450+ it looks like. Even for $350 I wouldn't bite because I'd rather pay a little extra for the warranty. You just have to decide what you feel is a good deal to you.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Can I add a piggyback question? I'm going to be renting one (either a Bob Duallie or a GT) for our upcoming Disney trip. We learned the hard way we need a double (last trip I ended up renting a crappy park double stroller and abandoning our Zapp). DD is lightweight and long. DS would fit in anything. Both fit well below any weight limits so I'm worried about that. I also don't really care about the sun canopy (height wise).

This is DD in the Zapp, illuminating why we need the stroller in the first place.

wnkw

Can I add a piggyback question? I'm going to be renting one (either a Bob Duallie or a GT) for our upcoming Disney trip. We learned the hard way we need a double (last trip I ended up renting a crappy park double stroller and abandoning our Zapp). DD is lightweight and long. DS would fit in anything. Both fit well below any weight limits so I'm worried about that. I also don't really care about the sun canopy (height wise).

This is DD in the Zapp, illuminating why we need the stroller in the first place.
http://s55.photobucket.com/user/tar...1-49ae-b793-58312a6130d5_zpsf57ab5d0.jpg.html

How big is she? Dd6 takes occasional breaks in our bjcm at Disney. She's 46" 7/8 shirt.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
How big is she? Dd6 takes occasional breaks in our bjcm at Disney. She's 46" 7/8 shirt.

She's 49-50" but 7-8 shirts are long on her (she wears mostly 5-6 yet, 7-8 for sleeve length because she has long limbs but they're tents on her. The shirt in the pic is a Crazy8 shirt, size Small). We had a BOB Rev that I sold before we went, and I bought the Zapp because I didn't care about it (lol) and I didn't think she would really need it all that much (I was horribly, horribly wrong). I wanted to rent the Duallie just because we "know" BOB at least, but I think the GT is taller? It's the same price to rent, so it really doesn't matter in that respect.

kaharris83

I brought my GT to Disney and thought it was perfect. It handled well and the fold was better IMO for things like the train that goes around the park and buses. I think the Duallie might be a bit trickier for those things.

wnkw

If you're taking busses I'd go with the gt..

Dd has never complained about the bjcm. And she's taller than I thought. More like 47. We were just there less than 2 wks ago

dawnp15

I think i'm not going to get a BOB, just not feeling it i guess lol. But wanted to ask one more question before i buy! How well does the city select handle 2 heavier kids? Kids are 5 and 2 and both around 33lbs if i had to guess. I love that it can be used as a single stroller when needed, because my 5 year old has a lot of Dr. app i take her too. That way i could leave one stroller in my van at all times. I found a new select for $489 with both seats, and that seems to be a pretty good deal. I just have a really hard time making decisions, but i think i've narrowed it down to either the city select or the city mini GT. Has anyone owned both that could give me any advice???

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC