In Search Of baby carrier & leappad games/accessories

Jessimamma

I NEED A BABY/TODDLER CARRIER! one that can go on my back so i can get some household chores done =] I am pretty new to baby wearing so no idea what I want lol but I have a wrap & it is wayyyyy to complicated to get baby wrapped on my back...so i need something different! something easy for beginners! & for pretty cheap! I dont have a lot to spend, but I'm gonna be a divorced woman if I dont start getting more done around here LOL My baby boy is 10.5 months old & 20 lbs....if that matters at all....

Also, I got my oldest son a LeapPad for Christmas....now I need Games & accessories for it! He's a boy, so I dont think he'd enjoy princess lol but even if it is girly, he would still love a Dora Game, & of course any other Boy games! Let me know what you have!!

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Jessimamma said:
I NEED A BABY/TODDLER CARRIER! one that can go on my back so i can get some household chores done =] I am pretty new to baby wearing so no idea what I want lol but I have a wrap & it is wayyyyy to complicated to get baby wrapped on my back...so i need something different! something easy for beginners! & for pretty cheap! I dont have a lot to spend, but I'm gonna be a divorced woman if I dont start getting more done around here LOL My baby boy is 10.5 months old & 20 lbs....if that matters at all....

Also, I got my oldest son a LeapPad for Christmas....now I need Games & accessories for it! He's a boy, so I dont think he'd enjoy princess lol but even if it is girly, he would still love a Dora Game, & of course any other Boy games! Let me know what you have!!

Is this the original leap pad? I have tons of games if so

patterson0711

What about a ring sling? (I'm quite biased) but they are very versatile & really pretty easy to use. You'd have the option of carrying on either hip or your back (or several other positions).

If you don't mind something more bulky (but also incredibly comfy) Ergos are my next favorite.

lovemybabybug

Not sure what you consider pretty cheap for a good baby carrier but I have a like new baby hawk mei tau for $65. There's some purple on the print though but it is tan.

Jessimamma

What about a ring sling? (I'm quite biased) but they are very versatile & really pretty easy to use. You'd have the option of carrying on either hip or your back (or several other positions).

If you don't mind something more bulky (but also incredibly comfy) Ergos are my next favorite.

how much?
I'm looking it up now to see if its what i need!

Jessimamma

Not sure what you consider pretty cheap for a good baby carrier but I have a like new baby hawk mei tau for $65. There's some purple on the print though but it is tan.

okay...so I really really love the Mei Tau...looks easy enough for me! but there are a few I can get for $69 on their site new!

April

I have a 4th generation Beco (brown with a blue pattern) that I'd let go for $50 shipped. I also have a size 3 all black hotsling (can't use it on your back though), that you can have for $10 plus shipping.

And sorry to derail a little, but do the leapster explorer games work with the leappad 2? I'm getting dd3 one for christmas but I need to get some used games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jessimamma

I have a 4th generation Beco (brown with a blue pattern) that I'd let go for $50 shipped. I also have a size 3 all black hotsling (can't use it on your back though), that you can have for $10 plus shipping.

And sorry to derail a little, but do the leapster explorer games work with the leappad 2? I'm getting dd3 one for christmas but I need to get some used games.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think I'd prefer a Mei Tai (sp?) over a Beco....but to answer you Question, yes, leapster explorer, leappad explorer, & leappad explorer 2 games are interchangeable!!!!!

cake...

I have two mei tai style carriers that I made myself.

The first is a turquoise stripe print with tan backing and straps. The straps are heavily reinforced and include padding at the shoulder. It is built for a smaller kid, I'd say birth to 2ish, depending on the size of the kid.

The other is all black, heavily reinforced, with padding at the shoulder. I made it for a bigger toddler, but my DS hates being in a sling. It could probably be used for smaller babies, but the fabric pouch area where you put the kiddo is bigger than average.

Let me know if you're interested or want pics.

Jessimamma

I have two mei tai style carriers that I made myself.

The first is a turquoise stripe print with tan backing and straps. The straps are heavily reinforced and include padding at the shoulder. It is built for a smaller kid, I'd say birth to 2ish, depending on the size of the kid.

The other is all black, heavily reinforced, with padding at the shoulder. I made it for a bigger toddler, but my DS hates being in a sling. It could probably be used for smaller babies, but the fabric pouch area where you put the kiddo is bigger than average.

Let me know if you're interested or want pics.

How much are you asking? My son is 11 months old & 21 lbs....which would you say would suit him best? Pics would be great!!! idk if you can post them here or not, if not pm me & I'll give you my email!

cake...

How much are you asking? My son is 11 months old & 21 lbs....which would you say would suit him best? Pics would be great!!! idk if you can post them here or not, if not pm me & I'll give you my email!

The black would probably last longer, but it depends on how long you want to use it for. The turquoise one would probably work fine for now, but the body of the black one is wider and taller. The turquoise one has a rounded top edge, which is supposedly better for carrying infants; the black one is squared off.

Here are pics of the turquoise one in use, when my boy was maybe 10 months. Sorry they're not the best. I'm not entirely sure where this one is at the moment, LOL, but if you want more pics of it I can find it. The turquoise is more vibrant than these pictures make it look.

IMG00561-20101126-0923.jpg

IMG00559-20101126-0922.jpg

Here is the black one. There are snaps sewn into the back, as I intended to make some removable decorative covers for it, but I never got around to it. I can remove them before shipping. The top straps look kind of twisty, it's just because I didn't bother straightening them before taking the photo :)

20121102_141232.jpg

And here's a pic of the padded strap. The padding is 1/4 inch thick, nice quality foam.

20121102_141332.jpg

I would like to get $35 shipped on either of them.

Jessimamma

The black would probably last longer, but it depends on how long you want to use it for. The turquoise one would probably work fine for now, but the body of the black one is wider and taller. The turquoise one has a rounded top edge, which is supposedly better for carrying infants; the black one is squared off.

Here are pics of the turquoise one in use, when my boy was maybe 10 months. Sorry they're not the best. I'm not entirely sure where this one is at the moment, LOL, but if you want more pics of it I can find it. The turquoise is more vibrant than these pictures make it look.

IMG00561-20101126-0923.jpg

IMG00559-20101126-0922.jpg

Here is the black one. There are snaps sewn into the back, as I intended to make some removable decorative covers for it, but I never got around to it. I can remove them before shipping. The top straps look kind of twisty, it's just because I didn't bother straightening them before taking the photo :)

20121102_141232.jpg

And here's a pic of the padded strap. The padding is 1/4 inch thick, nice quality foam.

20121102_141332.jpg

I would like to get $35 shipped on either of them.

I can do $35! do you have any pics of the black one in use? I'm just trying to pick which one would work best.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC