Recaro Signo: Initial Review & Measurements

ThreeBeans

Wow, that is some detailed information...thank you.

I think this pretty much confirms my feelings, though. When we get a minivan, I will be sticking with Britax. I'd like to see Recaro work out the kinks before I use them on my kids. There have been enough oddities that I would currently be uncomfortable making my spawn the test subjects.

It's too bad because that blush Signo (which you really should have gotten btw :whistle:) is quite lovely ;)

If they can address some of their issues, I may rethink. Of course by the time they're all addressed, my kids will practically be ready for boosters anyway :p

Your little climber is adorable :love:

ADS

Wineaux

well if DD2 throws a bloody fit tomorrow and over the weekend (taking a long drive on sunday... the litmus test!), you may be in luck :). but i suspect she'll be fine.

broken4u: rightstart.com got the first 16 units from recaro, special shipment ahead of the others. don't know why... zephryblue found this out from the CS rep at recaro and relayed it here.

Could it be that Recaro was using RightStart to test those new crotch buckles, and this is why they didn't have the redesigned crotch pads? I'm guessing that the delay in the rest of the shipments is that Recaro is changing out those crotch pads with new ones that fit that new buckle...

mom2boys

FYI- I emailed Gayle back yesterday about when they were shipping, and asked about the Rightstart Signos. She told me that the Rightstart shipment was a "test". So, maybe they will find out what people think and make some changes before the mass produce?? You should all call Recaro and voice any issues/complaints you have- the bad bellypad??

Thanks for the review and pics!!!

brightredmtn

Re: Recaro Signo: Initial Review & Measurements UPDATED: kid pics

Thank you so much for that review. I have to say your daughters are soooooo cute! Those were some great pictures of them!

Kat_Momof3

well, I'm just not pleased with the Recaros... they just need more shoulder room and more careful work... I mean, if you're going to swap out the buckle, that's fine, but c'mon... make sure the belly pad fits!

Overall, I'm glad the seat works for you, but this definitely tells me to go spend the money I got selling my ABC twin Everest on a single and not worry about using it to obtain a new Recaro... the Radian is the seat for us unless they come out with something that goes taller and has plenty of shoulder room.

Yoshi

I agree about the shoulder room- what harm could come of an extra couple of inches? I would guess that most kids won't fit well width-wise past a certain height/age....when the angle slopes inward as you go higher in the harness.:(

mom2boys

My kids have broader shoulders, so they don't fit in the MA, but they fit in the BLVD just fine. I am hoping they fit in the Signo, as I have one preordered.

For those of you who have the Signo, do you think the shoulder room is narrower like the MA, or a little wider like the BLVD? I saw the detailed pics and I think it will work for us, but I am not sure. Thanks!

southpawboston

My kids have broader shoulders, so they don't fit in the MA, but they fit in the BLVD just fine.

i'm willing to bet it's because the BV lacks the EPS foam along the shoulder area like the MA has. this gives another 1/4-1/2" of room on either side. the same thing is with the como and signo. the signo lacks the EPS foam that lines the como, and i suspect that the signo may have slightly more shoulder room than the como.

For those of you who have the Signo, do you think the shoulder room is narrower like the MA, or a little wider like the BLVD? I saw the detailed pics and I think it will work for us, but I am not sure. Thanks!

i can't comment on the MA or BV, since i never tried doing that comparison with the signo. my DDs are too little to be able to ascertain shoulder room.

tl01

Wow, that is some detailed information...thank you.

I think this pretty much confirms my feelings, though. When we get a minivan, I will be sticking with Britax. I'd like to see Recaro work out the kinks before I use them on my kids. There have been enough oddities that I would currently be uncomfortable making my spawn the test subjects.

It's too bad because that blush Signo (which you really should have gotten btw :whistle:) is quite lovely ;)

If they can address some of their issues, I may rethink. Of course by the time they're all addressed, my kids will practically be ready for boosters anyway :p

Your little climber is adorable :love:

Do you feel the same way about the Como? I really think it is a great seat so far except for the twisty straps. They haven't proven to be a problem in the Recaro YS or the Radian so I think it is a reasonable seat. I really love the way it fits DS and how comfortable and containted he is in the seat. Sadly that was something I wasn't getting from his tried and true Blvd.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC