Our Van Was Destroyed at WalMart (Graphic Pictures)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Our house burned, so this was hard to see. I am so sorry about your van. I hope all gets fixed very soon.

ADS

raelynn

Senior Community Member
OMG!! I don't even know what to say...wow. Im so glad you guys were inside, that is unbelievable!!

crunchierthanthou

holy crap! That is so scary. I'm glad you're all okay.

At least none of your covers are retired. I'd be even more bummed if I lost one that couldn't be replaced. Was your Regent pre-advisory?

Your poor carseats, though! I guess that makes a good case for why you want fire-retardant covers - look how much they're burned as it is, can you imagine if they'd been after-market covers? :eek:

Stupid question - did the FD uninstall the MA in the second row? I'm just wondering if they pulled out the carseats to make sure they were completely out.

I don't know. That aftermarked head support in the rf MA doesn't look any worse off than the covers. :whistle:

I was wondering why it looked so over reclined. I see now that you're right about it not being buckled.

Lilsid

I am so glad I did not have any after market seat covers on at the time. I made them and I do use them, or I did. I came home and destroyed them I was so upset with what could have happened.

I am not to worried about the insurance. the van and all our vehicles are over insured.

The MA in the middle was unbuckled by the fire department but not the others. And the head rest is not for the car but the stroller. I left it in the van, I just tossed it on DS's car seat. It was so hot out side I did not want it around his head and he was awake so he did not need it.

It has hit my DD this morning and she is very upset. I told her she can have any car seat she wants for our new car.

HEVY

I'm so sorry, must have been very scary. I'm really sad for you and angry at that man for pulling in a parking spot, but I guess fear can make people do scary things. I'm glad all of you are physically alright and that all will be covered.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... this is clearly why all the covers and straps on carseats have to be flame retardent. As bad as it looks, I can only imagine if nothing were flame retardent...

The Uptown is perfect for now... I would definitely be letting your dd pick out her next carseat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
(((HUGS))) so glad it's all covered. I just wish people would exercise just a little more common sense sometimes (gee, my car is smoking, maybe I won't park next to someone else... :rolleyes:)

Misty-Bug

Oh my GOOD GOD! I am so glad you guys were not in the car!! Thank GOD you are all safe. What a terrifying experience.
it shoudl all be covered under insurances, either yours or walmart. I am sure your insurance company will go after the guy. But it doesn't make it any easier. I would be so shaken up. I am so sorry to hear about this. Thank God everyone is ok.

New grandma

Wow! What a frightening thing to experience. So glad you listened to your intuition about bringing DH! I'm sure I would still be shaking if it were me, hugs to you and the kids.

Stretchy Glue

I just showed my dh, (who is anti Walmart) and he said "see, that's why you don't go to Walmart". He's mad that your insurance is having to pay for it. If anyone drives in this country, they should have the insurance to pay for any damage. I'm so sorry you had to deal with this. Thank God you're only shaken up.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
The MA in the middle was unbuckled by the fire department but not the others.

I thought maybe that was the case - maybe because it was RF it was more in the way, yk?

Fire is just so scary. My sister had a car fire once; fortunately it started after her and the girls were out of the vehicle, but it was still a nightmare. :(

I hope your DD settles down and has fun picking out a new carseat!

mominabigtruck

Wal-mart parking lots are scary places:eek: I think it would've been nice for walmart to pony up some new carseats for you guys to get home in with the fd.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Those pics are so very scary. I'm so sorry that this happened. I agree with everyone who said what an idiot that guy was. Why on earth would he pull in next to someone!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC