Mifold

Mymy mama

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned preordering has now opened. Anyone else super curious as to how well this thing works? I am really thinking about preordering one for a backup. I still harness my dd in a prosport. she is growing out of it though. 50" but she is only forty five lbs. In the first video it did not look like the seatbelt hit in the thigh area correctly. I hope the mifold will be a hit but also restrain children properly.

Last edited:
ADS

Dillipop

I preordered 2. Here's hoping it passes testing and I didn't waste $60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

griffinej5

I got the notice, and I'm debating it once I get paid. I'm reluctant though because what if it doesn't pass testing, or takes forever. The last thing I got from kickstarter (the foobler ball for my dog) took forever to receive, I don't like it, and is now available for less at petsmart.

Mymy mama

Goodness I would hope. If not I ordered two. Dd is to the age where we are starting to transport friends. I thought it would be neat to have. If it doesnt pass testing and I dont get my money back I will definitely not be happy.

1mommy

Thinking some more on it, the only problem I can see if it doesn't pass testing and they want to work on it some more, so they hold your money while they tweak the design, but I would hope they would offer you an option to either stay with them for the improved design or to refund your money. They defiantly should put something like that on the site to reassure people. Heck in that case I'd buy one even tho my kids are no where near booster age, but it would be handy for my niece or nephew.

HEVY

Is there a reason to preorder? It's not widely known, say like Britax, that once it's on the market one would have a hard time getting it. I know everyone is waiting, and hoping, that it passes, but did he agree to move the belt guide back? Last thing I read was he wasn't.

Mymy mama

I thought I heard he had to move it back to pass testing. I hope he does. I got free shipping and saved about 40 dollars in all if everything goes well. I wont be using them full time. I still harness dd. I'm thinking about getting her an oobr also as I am handing her proride down to her sister.

Mymy mama

I thought I heard he had to move it back to pass testing. I hope he does. I got free shipping and saved about 40 dollars in all if everything goes well. I wont be using them full time. I still harness dd. I'm thinking about getting her an oobr also as I am handing her proride down to her sister.
I asked indiegogo about getting the money back if it doesn't pass testing. I don't think you do though.

Dillipop

Is there a reason to preorder? It's not widely known, say like Britax, that once it's on the market one would have a hard time getting it. I know everyone is waiting, and hoping, that it passes, but did he agree to move the belt guide back? Last thing I read was he wasn't.

I preordered because the company needed money to finish developing it, get it tested, and then produce it. It's being funded by those of us that preordered.

I would guess, since we're paying to help develop the booster, that if it doesn't make it to production, we're out the money. It's the risk you take when doing a crowd funding type thing with an item thy hasn't passed testing yet .

1mommy

You get a discount of around $10 - (which would be the reason I would pre-order) and I believe he said the more interest, the faster they will get different colors? If you pre-order through the site (although its technically a crowd source funding site) it is $31 with free shipping to U.S. and Canada, and he says it's going to retail for $39.99 plus tax and or shipping fees.

In the comment section someone asked about if it ended up not passing safety standards - this was his rpely - We have crash tested prototypes successfully all around the world and these test results indicate that the final production version will meet the various regulatory standards and we will only ship products that are fully approved by the relevant regulatory authorities.

In the unlikely event that the production samples do not perform as expected, then we will redesign and retest until the product complies fully with the regulations.

The only problem I see with that is how long would that take? The terms of service of Indigogo don't have a time limit the Campaign owner has to provide the "perk" to the contributors.

Mymy mama

Who knows?! I thought it was a cool idea that hopefully helps keep more children restrained properly. Guess Im out sixty bucks if it doesn't happen. :(

Lemonade

Interesting. I ordered one. Seems like they've done a lot better than expected. So they had better have money to test until they get it right and send them to us:)

christineka

Booster crash testing is lacking. Look at all the bad boosters that are on the market or used to be before being embarrassed by the IIHS ratings. The alpha omega, kids embrace backless (I believe it had the same too far out on the thighs problem), original chase, cosco high back booster, etc, etc. I will reserve my judgment till I see how this booster fits the belt on a variety of sized children in various vehicles. Just because it passes testing with the belt far out on the thighs, does not make me want to use it with my own child.

HEVY

I preordered because the company needed money to finish developing it, get it tested, and then produce it. It's being funded by those of us that preordered.

I would guess, since we're paying to help develop the booster, that if it doesn't make it to production, we're out the money. It's the risk you take when doing a crowd funding type thing with an item thy hasn't passed testing yet .

You get a discount of around $10 - (which would be the reason I would pre-order) and I believe he said the more interest, the faster they will get different colors? If you pre-order through the site (although its technically a crowd source funding site) it is $31 with free shipping to U.S. and Canada, and he says it's going to retail for $39.99 plus tax and or shipping fees.

In the comment section someone asked about if it ended up not passing safety standards - this was his rpely - We have crash tested prototypes successfully all around the world and these test results indicate that the final production version will meet the various regulatory standards and we will only ship products that are fully approved by the relevant regulatory authorities.

The only problem I see with that is how long would that take? The terms of service of Indigogo don't have a time limit the Campaign owner has to provide the "perk" to the contributors.

Thanks for explaining that :)

sunflower

With the US/ CA exchange rate so high, it will probably be the same price or less when they actually sell it, since the rate won't remain this high forever.

I would like to get one, but will wait a bit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC