2 blvds's and a 10 years old in SUV 2 rows

aisraeltax

ok, i am obsessing about this.

where would you put 2 blvds. and a 10 yo in a SUV w/ 2 rows of seats.

the SUV has the DVD players on the headrests so i KNOW the 10 yo is going to want to sit in the 2nd row for long trips. i detest changing carseat positions but since it will be LATCH in every seat, thats doable for long trips.

2 seats in the 2nd row. 2 seats in teh 3d row.

10 yo; 2y 10 month old and newborn.

how would YOU seat them? I dont know if i feel comfortable putting baby in 3d row but i dont want anyone else to feel left out. argh!

tia

rach

ADS

natysr

I'm confused. :scratcheshead: Do you have a 2 yr 10 mo old, or a 2 year old and a 10 month old.

I thought you are saying you have a:

10 year old
2 yr 10 mo old
Newborn

but then you say 2 seats in each row. So that is 4 kids.

Is the newborn in a Blvd already? How does he/she fit? Most don't fit well in a Blvd.

Which SUV do you have? How accessable is the 3rd row? Do you have to fold up a seat in the 2nd row to get to the 3rd row? How many seating positions are there in each row of your SUV?

Does your 10 yr old ride in a booster still?

At this time, I'm assuming you have 4 kids (since you said 2 seats in each row). If this is the case, withouth knowing the answers to my questions above, my inclination would to be to put your 2 year old and your 10 month old both rearfacing in the 3rd row. Your infant and your 10 year old in the second row.

keri1292

She has 2 kids, one on the way and 2 seating positions in each row. ;)

I'd put the 2yo in the 3rd row drivers side, newborn 2nd row drivers side and 10yo 2nd row pass. The 2yo will be able to see the DVD player in front of the 10yo, you should be able to buckle both kids from the drivers side by removing the 2nd row headrest and leaning over the seat. The 10yo will be able to pass things to the 2yo and entertain them or sit with them if not watching a DVD. And if you have another adult to transport your 10yo can hop in the back. :) Of course this is all assuming that your 2yo will be FFing when the baby arrives. Which seems likely at his weight depending on when baby is due. I think removing the headrest makes the 3rd row rider less "left out" because as the newborn grows they can interact with each other. :twocents: We have 2 in the 3rd row and 1 in the 2nd...they interact PLENTY and no one feels left out.
boysbdayparty078.jpg

aisraeltax

I'm confused. :scratcheshead: Do you have a 2 yr 10 mo old, or a 2 year old and a 10 month old.

I thought you are saying you have a:

10 year old
2 yr 10 mo old
Newborn

but then you say 2 seats in each row. So that is 4 kids.

Is the newborn in a Blvd already? How does he/she fit? Most don't fit well in a Blvd.

Which SUV do you have? How accessable is the 3rd row? Do you have to fold up a seat in the 2nd row to get to the 3rd row? How many seating positions are there in each row of your SUV?

Does your 10 yr old ride in a booster still?

At this time, I'm assuming you have 4 kids (since you said 2 seats in each row). If this is the case, withouth knowing the answers to my questions above, my inclination would to be to put your 2 year old and your 10 month old both rearfacing in the 3rd row. Your infant and your 10 year old in the second row.

i said: 10 yo; 2y 10 month old and newborn. (3 kids total)

and asked whether i should put 2 seats in 2nd row or 2 seats in 3d row...or another combo...there should have been question marks after each statement but 1ht....

my kidsfit great in blvds...we startedout w a marathon for the 2 yo and all my kids are way over 8 lbs.....dont anticipate anything different this time...

we are getting the Mercedes R320CDI...3d row very accessible..2 seats per 2nd and 3d rows....both blvds willl be RFing.

10 yo not in a booster

aisraeltax

im not sure about FF when baby gets here so for now im assuming RFing for both seats (hes only 30 lbs right now at 26 months in a 35 lb blvd....he willl be 2 years 9 or 10 months at birth of new baby).

1ht this stuff is hard!! lol

tl01

i said: 10 yo; 2y 10 month old and newborn. (3 kids total)

and asked whether i should put 2 seats in 2nd row or 2 seats in 3d row...or another combo...there should have been question marks after each statement but 1ht....

my kidsfit great in blvds...we startedout w a marathon for the 2 yo and all my kids are way over 8 lbs.....dont anticipate anything different this time...

we are getting the Mercedes R320CDI...3d row very accessible..2 seats per 2nd and 3d rows....both blvds willl be RFing.

10 yo not in a booster

If you put both seat in the 2nd row, it will be a challenge to access the rear b/c the vehicle seats won't flip forward when the seats are installed. You could try to slide the seat forward since they do move back and forth but I can't imagine that ingress/egress will be very easy. I guess you could load from the back for the 3rd row though. If you find a better way to do it.. let me know. I have an R350 and have wondered how to use the back seat with two seats installed in the 2nd row. I would LOVE to get a R320CDI... if they would just sell them in my state. Enjoy... it's a GREAT car!!

aja

is your 10 year old in a booster? if not, then i would put one blvd in the middle row and one directly behind it in the 3rd row. then i would take out the other seat in the middle row. this way you could easily climb in and sit next to the blvd in the back row to buckle them up. then the 10 year old can get in and buckle up (in the 3rd row). also, there is no seat blocking the 10 year old's view from the dvd player.

that is what we did with my van when both of my kids were rear-facing and i had to ride next to my youngest (she had some serious car anxiety). of course you can't do that if the 10 year old is in a booster....

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
is your 10 year old in a booster? if not, then i would put one blvd in the middle row and one directly behind it in the 3rd row. then i would take out the other seat in the middle row. this way you could easily climb in and sit next to the blvd in the back row to buckle them up. then the 10 year old can get in and buckle up (in the 3rd row). also, there is no seat blocking the 10 year old's view from the dvd player.

that is what we did with my van when both of my kids were rear-facing and i had to ride next to my youngest (she had some serious car anxiety). of course you can't do that if the 10 year old is in a booster....
Her 10 year old isn't in a booster. But, if he/she was, I am not understanding how that would change things? A booster would be fine in the 3rd row of her vehicle.

aja

there would be a booster there making it harder for her to get the baby or toddler into the rear-facing blvd. she would not be able to sit next to the seat to get them buckled/unbuckled (unless there is room for n adult, booster, and rear-facing blvd).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
there would be a booster there making it harder for her to get the baby or toddler into the rear-facing blvd. she would not be able to sit next to the seat to get them buckled/unbuckled (unless there is room for n adult, booster, and rear-facing blvd).
Ah, gotcha! That makes sense.

keri1292

keri, would your recommendation change knowing both seats will be RF'ing??

why this is worrying me so i don't know.

Hey, I missed this post!
We had both our boys RFing for 2½yrs (at the same time). We kept them in the captains chairs and I leaned over the seat w/o the headrest to buckle my dd in the back. She's a peanut and had no problem squeezing between the seats even with RFing tethers.
So, in my pic, I lean over the blue RFing seat to buckle the cowmoo kid up, KWIM?
I also did it this way when they were young because they couldn't crawl into their own seats.
Hope that helps!

aisraeltax

If you put both seat in the 2nd row, it will be a challenge to access the rear b/c the vehicle seats won't flip forward when the seats are installed. You could try to slide the seat forward since they do move back and forth but I can't imagine that ingress/egress will be very easy. I guess you could load from the back for the 3rd row though. If you find a better way to do it.. let me know. I have an R350 and have wondered how to use the back seat with two seats installed in the 2nd row. I would LOVE to get a R320CDI... if they would just sell them in my state. Enjoy... it's a GREAT car!!

i got 27 mpg on my trip home. :) they are coming out with a 50 state compliant R320CDI next year. They will lose the spare tire and in its place will be a catalytic converter w/ some type of ammonia solution that will produce ZERO emissions..how cool is that, huh? :)

this car doesnt have a middle seat in the 2nd row and the console comes out...so if i ended up putting 2 seats in the 2nd row, ds2 could get in the 3d row but i think ill put ds2 and ds3 in the 3d row and then the new baby (or babies! OMG!) in the 2nd row. Since the 2nd row headrests remove rather easily, visibility isnt as bad from the 3d row as i thought.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC