Does the Beco Butterfly II...

ADS

Aurezalia

Yes... I can't think of a single backpack style carrier that doesn't, TBH. It's there to prevent the straps from slipping off your shoulders.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Aurezalia said:
Yes... I can't think of a single backpack style carrier that doesn't, TBH. It's there to prevent the straps from slipping off your shoulders.

Yeah, I figured. That's why I stick with my mei-tais. I can't do those clips without straining my back and wanting to shoot myself.

That's good, though. There's a pretty one (actually a couple) on sale at a local store, but I DO NOT NEED any more carriers, and now I don't want one either :p

Aurezalia

Yeah, I figured. That's why I stick with my mei-tais. I can't do those clips without straining my back and wanting to shoot myself.

That's good, though. There's a pretty one (actually a couple) on sale at a local store, but I DO NOT NEED any more carriers, and now I don't want one either :p

Well, if you want enabling, for some reason I find the clip on my Boba much easier to do than my Beco or the Ergo was. :whistling:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I can't lift my right arm above my head, so when I put on my Beco, I buckle the middle clip, slip it over my head, put DS under, clip the waist strap, and then clip the side buckles.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Aurezalia said:
Well, if you want enabling, for some reason I find the clip on my Boba much easier to do than my Beco or the Ergo was. :whistling:

An Aurora said:
I can't lift my right arm above my head, so when I put on my Beco, I buckle the middle clip, slip it over my head, put DS under, clip the waist strap, and then clip the side buckles.

No! Stop! I wanted reasons not to buy another carrier! :D

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Oh, I think you can cross the straps too, so you don't have to reach behind you to buckle the middle strap thingy.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
An Aurora said:
Oh, I think you can cross the straps too, so you don't have to reach behind you to buckle the middle strap thingy.

:stickingfingersinearsandchantingLALALALA:

No, just kidding. Is that true? Because if it is...

kalamos23

I have a boba and you can rethread the straps to be crossways, but I find the clip to be very easy. The beco you can cross and uncross easily with out rethreading bc it has buckles there.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Aurezalia

So you MT people, talk to me... We carry both the Babyhawk and Catbird baby MT's at work, and I've tried them both. I'm thinking I'm going to go for the Babyhawk (Duh, employee discount, and I like it over the CBB :p), but what are your favorite carriers? Since we already seem to be on an enabling roll here. :p

And, FYI, the CBB Pikkolo is another one where you can easily cross the straps instead of wearing it backpack style...

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Aurezalia said:
So you MT people, talk to me... We carry both the Babyhawk and Catbird baby MT's at work, and I've tried them both. I'm thinking I'm going to go for the Babyhawk (Duh, employee discount, and I like it over the CBB :p), but what are your favorite carriers? Since we already seem to be on an enabling roll here. :p

And, FYI, the CBB Pikkolo is another one where you can easily cross the straps instead of wearing it backpack style...

I have two BabyHawks and a mei tai I bought off etsy. I lurve my BabyHawks. Just love them. (My other one is nice too, but the waist part is very padded, which makes it feel bulkier than I'd like.) I haven't tried any others, so I can't really give a comparison. I just like that the BabyHawk is simple, straightforward, versatile, and cute :p

mimieliza

Let me enable you - it is so easy to put on the BB2. You can fasten that troublesome back strap BEFORE you put the carrier on, slip the whole thing over your head (kind of like putting on a shirt), then pick the baby up and fasten him/her in. It was my go to carrier for front carries.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

newyorkDOC

I hated the BB. I use a pikkolo now. I'm 5'0" and it was too long for me.
You cannot cross the straps on the BB. I've heard of people doing it with the ergo but it's not contoured to be crossed so may not be that comfy for some. You can cross with the pikkolo, gemini, and another... Maybe kinderpack or calyx? I don't remember as neither have ever lived at our house.

LuvBug

I rented my soft structure carriers from PAXBaby, she has a rental program and it is pretty cool. We don't have anywhere locally or even within driving range that carries slings of any kind... so I figured this was the best way to find what I liked.

I'm glad I did. I feel like it was 100% worth it. It cost $39 to rent 3 slings and THEY pay shipping BOTH ways... so you are basically only paying for all the shipping and then if you buy something through them in the end you get a $9 credit.

So that might be something worth looking into as well. She has bunches of MTs, SSCs, and other slings available.

zactayaus

Let me enable you - it is so easy to put on the BB2. You can fasten that troublesome back strap BEFORE you put the carrier on, slip the whole thing over your head (kind of like putting on a shirt), then pick the baby up and fasten him/her in. It was my go to carrier for front carries.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

:yeahthatlove:

This is exactly what I did with mine.:)

crunchierthanthou

Amazon has a few IIs on sale. I see some that are $80, a $90 and a couple for ~$100.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Beco-Butterfly-II-Baby-Carrier/dp/B003AULH4U/"]Amazon.com: Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier - Tyler: Baby[/ame]

I actually really like the $80 ones (Tyler, Ginger, Luna).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC