Pictures of Multi Tech

twinsmom

Does anyone have pictures of a larger/older child RF in a Multi Tech? I saw a post from a year ago, but the pics are no longer available. I was curious how a 4-5 yr old (over 40" tall) would fit RF. Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

delgirrrl

Hello, here's my boy, and although he's only 3, he's HUGE - at the time of the pic 100cm tall (39.5 inches), with a 15.5 inch torso. He's now two inches taller, (but fortunately that all went to his legs so he sits exactly the same in the seat). He's a very heavy/solid lad at 44 pounds.

He's on the second to top slot, and has plenty of room in it. I believe MOST kids would get to 5 years RF in this seat. Riley's already bigger than most 4 year olds and I expect him to be able to stay RF in the seat for another year.

If you want any specific shots, let me know. :)

Adventuredad

Hi

My son is 5 and 115 cm tall (45 inches) and fits in teh Multi Tech. This seat has the highest seat shell of all Swedish seats, 62 cm (24.5 inches) and the seat is also quite deep which makes rear facing possible for a very long time.

Most kids will be able to rear face until 5 (or longer) in the seat just as Delaney says. I have plenty of photos but need permsissin to show them. You can ask Lenats31, she has nice photos of her daughter in the MT. She has one in an album here. In the photo you can see her 4-year old who has plenty of room.

Also keep in mind the "1-inch rule" does not apply to the Swedish seats. Seats can be used until tip of ears are at top of seat shell which means roughly about one third of the head is above seat shell. Seats are tested this way and it's safe.

If you have more questions or need help, please send me a PM or email me at ad@adventuredad.com (located in Sweden)

joyride

Does anyone have pictures of a larger/older child RF in a Multi Tech? I saw a post from a year ago, but the pics are no longer available. I was curious how a 4-5 yr old (over 40" tall) would fit RF. Thanks!
The pictures were from lenats31 here in this board.
Juni2008B007.jpg

twinsmom

Thanks for the pictures and the information. For those with the seat, is it hard to get the child into the seat? Can they climb in themselves?
Thanks again!

finn

I dont have pics, but ds is in a multi-tech, he is 2 and climbs in himself. It doesn't have high sides at all so it is easy for him to climb in.

Adventuredad

The seat is easy to climb into. My kids might be weird but they always loved to climb in by themselves and help out with the harness. Harness locking clip is a bit different than US seats since ECE R44 requires single point of unlocking for safety reasons. Seat has no chest clip but this can be added.

HEVY

I noticed in one of the pics she is using a footprop and a tether, isn't that like using LATCH and a seatbelt? Or do you have to use both?

Pixels

I noticed in one of the pics she is using a footprop and a tether, isn't that like using LATCH and a seatbelt? Or do you have to use both?
They do two different things. The footprop prevents/reduces downward rotation, the tether prevents/reduces rebound. Think about how it would be if it was just the footprop. You could lift the front (head) end of the seat, but not push down on it. If it was just the tether, you could push the front end down, but not lift it. Make sense?

lenats31

No, not at all. You must use them both.

If you use LATCH and seatbelt when installing a US car seat one device may interfer with the other. Therefore you cannot use both seatbelt and LATCH at the same time.

The two tether straps and the foot prop assist the seat with protecting larger and heavier children. One device will not interfer with the others.

Lena:)

besides this. DD is 3 months shy of her 5th birthday. She can still use the seat, but has no room left to grow in it RF and with the 5 point harness. She is in the top harness slot and it is a close call now. She is 45½" tall and has an 18" torso.:p

delgirrrl

Thanks for the pictures and the information. For those with the seat, is it hard to get the child into the seat? Can they climb in themselves?
Thanks again!

Very easy for the older kids to climb into, given the 'low' sides on the seat. Also, for the younger kids, it's easier than many RF seats to lift them into, again due to the low sides but also because it sits directly on the seat of the car, as opposed to on a base like most of the US convertible seats. Before my son learnt to climb in, (heavy lad, not as agile as many others his age), I'd sort of post him in feet first, (legs at a 90 degree angle to where they should be), then he'd wiggle around to the right position. This would have been problematic if it was a marathon-style seat, with it's high sides and height from the vehicle seat. Near impossible I'd think!
The head wings, like head wings on all seats that have them, do make it a little more difficult than a seat without then (like comparing a marathon to a boulevard), but all in all very easy.

lenats31

This is dd. Sarah. These photos are about 1 week old. She is 3 months shy of her 5th birthday, 45½2 tall, 18" torso (harness height is 16":confused:). This is her in the top harness slots and no room left to grow. It is not outgrown yet, but it is really close call.

marts2009001.jpg

marts2009003.jpg

marts2009004.jpg

marts2009006.jpg

marts2009005.jpg

Lena

twinsmom

Thanks for the great photos Lena! I am a little confused about the harness height too. I know MT says 16", but your daughter with the 18" torso still fits:confused: I guess harness height does not directly relate to torso height? Anyway, the pics are great and the seat looks awesome!

lenats31

Thanks for the great photos Lena! I am a little confused about the harness height too. I know MT says 16", but your daughter with the 18" torso still fits:confused: I guess harness height does not directly relate to torso height? Anyway, the pics are great and the seat looks awesome!

I meassured dd´s torso 3 times the same day the photos were taken. The harness is at her shoulders, which is correct harness height in the Swedish seats incl. this one. I guess children "loose" a couple of inches when riding in a Swedish carseat. She had a 16" torso in the second to top harness slots.:confused:

Lena

Shaunam

When I measure my kids' torsos and then put them in (installed) seats, they LOSE torso height in rfing seats and GAIN torso height in ffing seats. Also, if I recline a rfing seat, they lose height and if I recline a ffing seat they gain height. I don't understand it, but whatever. :cool:

mommycat

When I measure my kids' torsos and then put them in (installed) seats, they LOSE torso height in rfing seats and GAIN torso height in ffing seats. Also, if I recline a rfing seat, they lose height and if I recline a ffing seat they gain height. I don't understand it, but whatever. :cool:
Yeah, one of those things that baffles me every time. But you can't argue with what you see with your own eyes, never mind the numbers.

Those are great pictures. I have to say that the lack of chest clip and spacing of the harness straps makes me want to reach in and move them closer together - I guess I am well trained to the NA standard.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

This is dd. Sarah. These photos are about 1 week old. She is 3 months shy of her 5th birthday, 45½2 tall, 18" torso (harness height is 16":confused:). This is her in the top harness slots and no room left to grow. It is not outgrown yet, but it is really close call.

Lena

I just LOVE that seat and the color too. How do I get one of those??? :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC