Well they still havent updated the manual(got my regent!)

LuvBug

I got my regent today YAY! and of course Im reading the manual even though Ive read it online a billion times lol! And they still havent changed it to make it any clearer about the top slots. There is a note on page 4 saying "The childis too tall when the tops of the ears are above the top of the restraint. Child's height must be 53 inches(134 cm) or less."
And then on page 24 about harness height it still says the bit about once the top slots are necessary, blah blah, top of ears or 80lbs note.
I thought they were updating the manual for the new seats being made lol!

I got the classic and LOVE it even more than I did online. The photos did it NO justice. Its soft too, but not that long plushy velour that gets kinda hot cause its so thick, its short and soft. Im taking pics soon! Gotta clean my car :rolleyes: and I finally took some photos of mom's new van as well.

ADS

Splash

Glad you like your Classic, because they are all gone now! Not from distributors, just from Britax. I was told by a rep that they only made them because they were able to make the Classic covers faster than any other cover (because of the sewer that makes them for them, works faster and was closer) so they turned all their Boulevard fabric into Regent fabric to get the Regents out the door ASAP.
And people say that Britax isn't responding? Pfft. If they are willing to put their name on THAT hideous beast (sorry LuvBug, I know you love it) then they are willing to do anything!

LuvBug

lol! Yeah I still love it. I dont get why everyone else thinks its ugly. I dont think its beautiful or the best cover they could make, but I still love it more than the other avilable choices. I think the sahara and onyx are ugly and I dont like the fabric in them lol!(but then I also dont like the shannon which seems to be everyone's fav at the moment, I also dont like the cow, but I love the zebra. But I also love abstract art made of coffee beans and melted crayon :p ). And the BB and cougar werent available(Id rather have had a cougar, which is one reason I think I like the classic. It is the same coloring as the cougar but houndstooth instead of spots).

LuvBug

oh and a question. I just want to make sure it is assembled correctly. The tether is attached in the same place as the husky but instead of coming out at that spot it goes through the seat and over the top. Is that how it should be(I know it is, just checking). I guess they were in such a hurry, I want to make sure they did it right lol! My cover was barely on there, it was just slipped on like a slip cover and not velcrod like it should be. The cover fits like a glove though! much better than my denim fits the husky.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
oh and a question. I just want to make sure it is assembled correctly. The tether is attached in the same place as the husky but instead of coming out at that spot it goes through the seat and over the top. Is that how it should be(I know it is, just checking). I guess they were in such a hurry, I want to make sure they did it right lol! My cover was barely on there, it was just slipped on like a slip cover and not velcrod like it should be. The cover fits like a glove though! much better than my denim fits the husky.

That's how the tether should be, yup. When it comes out from higher on the seat, it performs better :) (not sure why it took them so long to figure that out? oh well)

LuvBug

That's how the tether should be, yup. When it comes out from higher on the seat, it performs better :) (not sure why it took them so long to figure that out? oh well)

lol thanks, I figured it was... but just wanted to make sure.
Im about to post some photos, so keep an eye out!

Dillipop

I got my regent today YAY! and of course Im reading the manual even though Ive read it online a billion times lol! And they still havent changed it to make it any clearer about the top slots. There is a note on page 4 saying "The childis too tall when the tops of the ears are above the top of the restraint. Child's height must be 53 inches(134 cm) or less."
And then on page 24 about harness height it still says the bit about once the top slots are necessary, blah blah, top of ears or 80lbs note.
I thought they were updating the manual for the new seats being made lol!

I wonder if they are going by what sunshine kids seems to be changing to. That once the top slots become necessary, it's not such a big deal for the childs shoulders to be over the slots. The risk of compression has gone down so much by this weight that it's better to keep them in the 5 point than move to a booster.... Any one else have ideas about this?

LuvBug

I wonder if they are going by what sunshine kids seems to be changing to. That once the top slots become necessary, it's not such a big deal for the childs shoulders to be over the slots. The risk of compression has gone down so much by this weight that it's better to keep them in the 5 point than move to a booster.... Any one else have ideas about this?

no the manuals have always said this. at one time britax OKd it, but now they say its a no-no. I talked with someone at britax last year when I got our husky and he said the same thing about a little extra compression(or risk of it) was better than a seatbelt(he did not use the word booster so I dont know if he meant to or not).

I had heard they were rewording the manual and that one seat already has the reworded manual... youd think by now the others coming new from britax right now would have new manuals to reflect how they really feel.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC