News Advertising Banners and Google Ads

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Effective immediately, small, static banner ads from our major sponsors will be visible to all users in all styles/skins at the bottom of each forum page, as they have been in the default style for some time. In addition, all visitors except for sponsors, benefactors and supporters will also see a Google ad placement below the bottom sponsor banner ads.

Guests, newer users and basic members will also see targeted Google ad placements in a top banner, above the Google Custom Search bar, after the first post in all threads and after the forum thread listing. These ads will not be visible to Community Members (Members who have 10 posts, 10 reputation points and who have been registered 30 days), Technical Professionals, Supporters, Benefactors or Sponsors.

In the future, these various Google placement banners may also appear to all other usegroups, except for supporters, benefactors and sponsors, similar to the bottom Google ad placement. Supporters, Benefactors and Sponsors should not see any ads on Car-Seat.Org, except for the bottom banner from our major sponsors (currently Couponsurfers.com, Seatcheck.net and iMountain.com) . If you are a current donor and see any other banners or Google placements, please let me know and I will look into it.

Your feedback is welcome on these placements and whether or not they are too obtrusive.

If these ad placements are effective, they should ofset the need for increases in donation amounts for supporters and benefactors next year. There may be some changes to sponsor benefits and costs in the future, however.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'm still tinkering with advertising placements. Community Members, SCM and Technical Professionals should see minimal changes, other than the bottom banners now appearing in all styles/skins.

Feel free to logout and see what you think of the Google ad placements. Please let me know if they are too obtrusive. They seem pretty tame to me, compared to many other forums. Plus they are targeted and mostly have ads of interest to people surfing for information on car and carseat safety.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Some minor changes. The bottom google ads that appeared to all visitors have been removed. Instead, this banner now appears above the quick reply box for all visitors (including me, admins, moderators and usergroup leaders) who are not donors.

Community members no longer see the Google ad bar after the first thread in each post, but do see the bar above the forums on each page.

I think that is about it for the changes. Most long time members in the senior community member usergroup or technical professional usergroup won't notice most of the ads visible to unregistered guests. This may change in the future, but it shouldn't be necessary unless we have a large increase in hosting costs over and above the additional amount now being paid for increased backup frequency to avoid loss of data in a major crash.

crunchierthanthou

okay, so I haven't gotten around to renewing my benefactor status and am able to enjoy the banner ads. I'm sure you don't have much control over the content, but what the crap is this?

ohsbannerad.jpg

An OHS ad above the quick reply box that all visitors see. I know it's third party, but do guests?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I can't see the image :-( I think I may be able to reject specific advertisers, but probably not specific ads.

crunchierthanthou

hmm, strange. I just checked from dh's computer where I wasn't logged in and it showed up. It's a target ad for an evenflo OHS. some of their others have been sceneras- no real complaints there.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I think it's my computer, for some reason I am seeing some missing photos. I should see if they are all from the same photo hosting site.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I had to eliminate the "accessories" category from the upcoming amazon store to avoid having all the harness covers and stuff being shown on the main page lol.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I saw that ad for the Tribute OHS and had the same reaction. I did notice Emily's review :thumbsup: but I also tortured myself by reading some of the rave reviews for this seat <gag>. I doubt there's a way to prevent this from happening again but if we see a questionable CR or product being promoted is it possible to skip forward to the next ad?

Kecia

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
okay, so I haven't gotten around to renewing my benefactor status and am able to enjoy the banner ads. I'm sure you don't have much control over the content, but what the crap is this?

After a little more research, I may indeed be able to block it. I will need some help, though. The next time someone sees that specific ad, I need you to right click on it. Then in the menu choose "copy shortcut" or "copy link location" or equivalent in your browser. Then post that as a reply to this post!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hm I found the ad myself but it's not working the way Google said it should, of course. I submitted all the details to Google to see if they can block that specific ad somehow.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Some minor changes. The bottom google ads that appeared to all visitors have been removed. Instead, this banner now appears above the quick reply box for all visitors (including me, admins, moderators and usergroup leaders) who are not donors.

Community members no longer see the Google ad bar after the first thread in each post, but do see the bar above the forums on each page.

I think that is about it for the changes. Most long time members in the senior community member usergroup or technical professional usergroup won't notice most of the ads visible to unregistered guests. This may change in the future, but it shouldn't be necessary unless we have a large increase in hosting costs over and above the additional amount now being paid for increased backup frequency to avoid loss of data in a major crash.

The Google ad placement before the Quck Reply box has been replaced with our affiliate links, including elitecarseats.com and Amazon.Com!

This will prevent random ads from appearing to most community members. The other Google ad placements will remain, but most of these are only visible to unregistered guests and newer members.

Also, welcome to our newest premier sponsor, elitecarseats.com ! Their banner will be appearing shortly. Please be sure to support them!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC