Anyone have comparison pics of the FR85 and GN side by side?

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Not installed, but I posted some when we got our FR85. I'm late for getting the kids up, but maybe you can search through my posts and see if you can find them.

glockchick

Lol! Thanks. I know the harness is higher. I'm concerned with over all with, and a lap belt only install. Not sure what I think the pics are gonna do for me, just wanna see em. ;)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Well I can tell you that I can NOT get an acceptable lap only belt install in my 2000 Sub. Having said that though, I also thought I couldn't get it it in my 3rd row period and did finally get it outboard. I didn't spent AS much time in the center position, but I'm fairly confident it would be a no-go, as the only reason I can get in my burb period is the LBP. The ONLY seating position that works SBP is the flip seat because the buckle stalk is fixed and much lower.

glockchick

Well I can tell you that I can NOT get an acceptable lap only belt install in my 2000 Sub. Having said that though, I also thought I couldn't get it it in my 3rd row period and did finally get it outboard. I didn't spent AS much time in the center position, but I'm fairly confident it would be a no-go, as the only reason I can get in my burb period is the LBP. The ONLY seating position that works SBP is the flip seat because the buckle stalk is fixed and much lower.

Seriously? Awww man!

Are the 2000's the same as the '99s? This is my baby. :love:
suburban.jpg

Then I guess that solves that question. At least one would have to go in a center seat.

I suppose they'll use the GN for now and I'll have to hope something comes out that will fit by the time they outgrow them. And that I can fix the head slump.

Does the back of the butt part of the seat have to be flush with the vehicle seat? I think I can get it a tad more reclined by pulling that away from the bight. Maybe. lol

glockchick

Does your seat look like this or are the 2000's different?

IMG_0217.jpg

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I can't view the pics at work (I'm sneaking on!). So I'll have to look when I get home, or you can email them to me. ;) PM me if you want my email addie. LOL

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I'd have to see the seat belt stalks. That is the issue. The seat IS different though. My shoulder belt comes from the seat itself. I also have fabric instead of leather. I had a '97 Sub before this w/leather. My 2000 is wider then my '97 was IIRC. I don't recall how the seat belt stalks are though.

glockchick

I'll try to take some later. I wish the seat was wider. It's a real pita getting kids back there without griping next to car seats.

I went ahead and ordered a couple after sitting the girls in the GNs again today. It just seems to push their heads so far forward. If they don't work, I'll return them. Thank goodness for free return shipping. :thumbsup:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
LOL, it's not that much wider (maybe it's narrower? Heck, I don't remember, I just know it's different!!!) I think they redesigned the wheel wells. With 2 Frontiers in the back row, the middle spot is useless. I can do a FR85 outboard, KF30 center and I can squeeze in next to it. :) I wouldn't want to do it for a long trip, but it works in a pinch!

I can do 3 across with the right seats, but it's a royal PITA!!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Your seat belt stalks will be key. In my 3rd row, they are quite a bit forward of the bight. So I can't get a tight install to save my life. The fact that you got a Nauti there is a pretty good sign that you might get a Frontier in there. Let's hope so!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC