New Ad for BRU with TINY baby ff in boulevard....

ADS

NannyMom

I plan on writing a letter to Toys R Us Inc about the 1 year old in a Nautilus on the ad I got the other day. Where is this ad you saw? I'd love to comment on that in my letter as well.

lorinick

I plan on writing a letter to Toys R Us Inc about the 1 year old in a Nautilus on the ad I got the other day. Where is this ad you saw? I'd love to comment on that in my letter as well.

The Ad with the one year old in the Natulis is the small book. The Large book is the one with the ff child in the Blvd. Both ad's came out the same the and both start on Fri. When you write you can tell them about both.

NannyMom

Since I didn't get the big book, only 2 small ones, how do you know the baby was FF? Did it show him/her in a car?

Kat_Momof3

omg... I haven't seen them yet. I can't say I'm surprised, though. However, those of you who received it can do a lot... 1. Call Britax and call corporate BRU
2. copy the pics or, if you can, get multiple copies of the ad and then staple them to a letter about your issues with the pic and MAIL to both that I mentioned above

3. scan/take a pic of the photo and EMAIL both of the above.

Meanwhile, I'll be on the lookout for when I get it.

lorinick

I saw a copy of the big book at the store. I remember seeing a child in the new Blvd. CS. I can't remember if you can tell if it's ff or rf. I didn't take notice to it. But the small book is surely a one year to 18 mt. little baby girl in a Graco Natulis. I thought that was crazy. I do work at BRU. Selling car seat's. Great telling people their child is to young for a booster and the Ad has a one year old in a booster seat. Isn't that just great!

Heather98012

This may be a long shot, but if you can find out what marketing firm does the advertising for BRUs, you could contact them as well. Dunno if it would work, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

emandbri

Since I didn't get the big book, only 2 small ones, how do you know the baby was FF? Did it show him/her in a car?

You can tell he is forward. He is in a van or SUV and the back is open and the "mom" is getting stuff out. He is so small that if he were rear-facing he would have so much room that his feet wouldn't even be close to hitting the seat of the car!

monstah

It also kind of bothered me that the ad for that BLVD, when you turn the page, is located just above a small announcement that BRU has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide.
I thought it might be misleading to some parents.

(And the other time the Safe Kids partnership is mentioned - is directly under a "mega mirror" for the car.)

emandbri

Looking at the picture closer his foot is a cm below the slit for the adjuster, just to give you an idea of how small this baby is.

NannyMom

I contacted the phone number on the back of the ad. SHe said to write to TRU Corp at the address on the back of the ad. Or I could go to ToysRUsinc.com and send an email.

NannyMom

You can also send it to SafetyBeltSafe and have them work on it: http://www.carseat.org/Events_Media/89_MediaWatch.pdf .

Oh, that's great! I will deffinetly send them a copy.

Maybe I should tell them about the Barney movie too. Baby (under 1 yr?) FF in an integraded seat w/ T shield, 3 children w/o boosters- 1 in lap only belt, 1 with strap off his shoulder. Maybe it's just me, but kids shows should be more aware.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Maybe I should tell them about the Barney movie too. Baby (under 1 yr?) FF in an integraded seat w/ T shield, 3 children w/o boosters- 1 in lap only belt, 1 with strap off his shoulder. Maybe it's just me, but kids shows should be more aware.

Yes they should be more aware, but how old is the Barney movie? I know the videos themselves have been around for 10yrs or so, and a lot has changed in 10yrs... Back then the max rf'ing weight limit was 20lbs, and boosters were uncommon. Depending on when the movie was made, and if it was also made from pieced segments from shows, it's possible that that's what was normal at the time.

It's also worth saying that just awareness about portrayal of seat use has come a long way. There's an episode of Scrubs with a new baby - there are 3 separate front shots of the baby in the carseat. You can tell that they weren't filmed at the same time, because in some the harness is adjusted properly and some they aren't. So while it's not perfect use, it shows that awareness is very much increasing since it wasn't a sloppy buckle job every time. (Maybe I should add the baby is in the carrier in the hospital, not in a vehicle. :thumbsup: )

NannyMom

It's Barney's Great Adventure - The Movie. Barney's first full length movie. It says copyright 2003. So, ok, it was 5 years ago.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC