Introduction

Wineaux

Well, I've posted a little bit here, but never formally introduced myself, so here's the scoop...

My name is Jim, and my wife's name is Cari. I'm 42 and she is 33. As I always say, "You're only as old as the woman you feel", so I'm feeling 30'ish these days. ;) We are expecting our first child on July 5th, 2007 and are both extremely excited! Actually, I'm betting that the fireworks on July 4th will set her off a day early. It took us a while to get pregnant, with nature giving us the proverbial finger, then IUI for a good while (Clomid can turn the most angelic woman into the spawn of Satan... Trust me. I know.), and finally a shot at IVF which took on the first try! Yay!

If you can't tell, I'm a snarky, sarcastic, and opinionated cuss who doesn't have a PC bone in his body. Trust me, I'll most likely offend someone here at some point, but trust me it probably wasn't, or was, intended. ;) I'm in the wholesale side of the grocery business now, and was a wholesale liquor rep for 6 years. Wine and liquor advice I can give. Just ask. I'm quite a bit the gadget freak and computer geek, and am a relentless bargain hunter. I can actually out shop most women I know. If folks don't mind, I'll be happy to post killer deals and bargains I find on car seats, diapers, and other baby related products.

My wife is a NICU nurse and my hero. I don't know how she does what she does, but it never ceases to amaze me. The only problem with her nursing specialty is that once you get above about 15 lbs., she's just making stabs in the dark. :p

Oh yes... On the boards I frequent, I am known as the Grammar Nazi. You have been warned! Buwhahahahaha!!!!!

ADS

southpawboston

welcome, jim, and congrats on your expectancy!!!

i'll try not to split too many infinitives.

i'm new here myself but feeling right at home... looks like we guys are outnumbered here but that's not a bad thing anyway, right? :)

Tara

Hiya Jim!
Hmm, I suppose this brings the grand total of men on this board up to..what..3 maybe? Really, I don't know, I just know there aren't too many 'regulars' of the male kind here. Our "board dad" Darren being the only to come to my immediate recognition. (wait, not the word I was looking for, but, you get the idea, I hope)

Ooo grammar...great. I'm a bit of a grammar 'nazi' myself, though, when it comes to board chat...well...um, I'm not always so diligent ;) (you've been warned!) LOL

Now, you may go back and count all my grammatical mistakes.

Welcome to the board, by the way and congrats on the little one on the way.

Lys

Senior Community Member
Nice to meet you Jim.
I have a quote on one of my outher profiles that says, "'One day I will have something intelligent and moving to say. Till then, I
am just sarcastic and witty."

scatterbunny

Welcome to the boards, Jim! :D You sound hilarious, and it's nice to get more dads (and soon-to-be dads) on the board!

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
Welcome and congrats on your new baby on the way! I was due at the end of June with my first and my OB joked that he'd induce me on July 3rd so he wouldn't have to miss the parade. :p

Wineaux

Nice to meet you Jim.
I have a quote on one of my outher profiles that says, "'One day I will have something intelligent and moving to say. Till then, I
am just sarcastic and witty."
My Sig on other boards is this:
Capitalization is the difference between
"Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse",
and "helping your Uncle jack off a horse".
I just wasn't sure yet if it was kosher to use it here... :p

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Welcome, Jim!!!

I am not a "Grammar Nazi" but I definitely do take notice of errors. I am an English teacher. It is an occupational hazard! :D When I am exhausted, however, I make numerous errors. I need to practice what I preach when it comes to grammar. :)

Some of the errors that DO make me cringe:

~ POSSESSIVES!!!!! People don't have four kid's. They have four kids.
~ to/too/two
~ there/their/they're
~ its/it's
~ me/I
~ which/witch
~ good/well
~ irregardless/regardless
~ could care less/couldn't care less
~ DOUBLE NEGATIVES
~ appositive errors
~ subordinate clause errors

You are welcome to the title "Grammar Nazi." I will NOT try to usurp that title from you. :)

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Capitalization is the difference between
"Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse",
and "helping your Uncle jack off a horse".

That is hilarious!!!!

Have you ever read Eats Shoots and Leaves? There is an adult version and a children's version. It is a WONDERFUL resource. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. :D

Wineaux

Welcome and congrats on your new baby on the way! I was due at the end of June with my first and my OB joked that he'd induce me on July 3rd so he wouldn't have to miss the parade. :p
I keep telling my wife I'm going to show up in the delivery room wearing a catcher's mask, glove, and a camcorder mounted on a baseball cap.

On a side note, do women learn to roll their eyes like that, or is it just something genetic that they know from birth? You know, kind of like all the words to the songs from Grease. ;)

cantech

Welcome Jim, and congratulations! It seems as though we'll be getting some great humour from you posts.

Belinda

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
If you can't tell, I'm a snarky, sarcastic, and opinionated cuss who doesn't have a PC bone in his body. Trust me, I'll most likely offend someone here at some point, but trust me it probably wasn't, or was, intended. ;)

Opinions and sarcasm are fine, but please keep the comments with blatant sexual innuendo or other potentially offensive comments to a minimum and restricted to the Coffee Break forum. There is some latitude for expression in this forum, but this is a public, "family" forum and the content should reflect that to a large degree. Plus, I don't want to be responding to a lot of complaints or reported posts;-)

Thank you!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
All members and guests are also reminded that even though they may intend a comment to be light-hearted or funny, it may be interpreted by some as offensive, harassing or threatening, especially to members of another sex, culture, religion or background. If you have any doubt about whether a comment, post, email or private message is appropriate, then please keep your responses to other users on a very professional and respectful basis. This would be similar to what is expected in most corporate settings or in a public venue with a mixed company of people you do not know.

The reality is that this forum is overwhelmingly comprised of women and the discussion is of a family nature. As such, the standards for allowing provocative comments and behavior are much more restrictive than on other internet venues. All complaints and reported posts are taken very seriously in this regard. Thank you for all the members who have made this a safe and fun forum for almost 6 years!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC