Radian XT in Subarus??/

aisraeltax

I just got a Radian XT today and took it to my friends house. We wanted to see how it would fit in her Subaru (newer car, but cant remember what kind of Subaru). It didnt fit well at all....hit the front of her seat (rear facing) and she is short...no way can her dh drive her car w/ that seat behind it.

any tips on getting a good install in a Subaru?

i will get the make of the car tomorrow but wanted to post now, while its on my mind (i tend to forget! lol!).

she loves the seat but obviously it needs to fit into her car.

ADS

DahliaRW

If you can get a good install in the middle with it fitting between the seats that is the only way. Possible in some models, impossible in others with a bigger hump. And it has to be with seatbelt and involve twisting the belt stalk 3 full turns.

Cryssy Jane

What age is the child?

I have a 2006 subaru impreza and can get radians rear facing in my car. In the outboard positions I can get them roughly 30-35 degrees max without touching the front seat. In the middle seat I can get roughly 40 degrees and it fit nearly perfect between the front seats pushed all the way to the back of the track.

twokidstwodogs

Is it a 2005 or later Legacy? If so, I have one of those, although I do not have a Radian. I did, however, manage to get a rearfacing Marathon to fit behind the driver's seat in a way that still allowed my 6'2" husband to drive the car. (Not comfortably, but he could drive it.) The key for the Marathon is the tether, since it allows you to adjust the recline to an angle that works for the front seat. I also had to learn to deal with driving in a more upright position than I prefer. How much taller is the XT than a Marathon?

My Legacy (which is a 2006 wagon) has very heavily contoured rear seats, and it can be kind of annoying to get a seat to fit in there well unless the seat has just the right footprint. On the other hand, it's an easy LATCH install with any seat, and Subaru allows you to use lower anchors up to 60 lbs, which is very nice!

Dahlia, my Legacy manual recommends against installing carseats in the center position, though it doesn't forbid it. I tried it with a Roundabout and quickly realized that a good install there would be next to impossible. I had a 1999 Forester in which I installed seats in the center, but there was less of a hump and less contouring in the outboard seats. That made it a lot easier to get seats next to each other.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC