Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

1998-2002 Honda Accord

Does anyone have one of these vehicles? DH and I are thinking about getting a 2002 Accord but I've read a ton of horror stories about the transmissions in the 6th generation Accords, apparently there was even a class action law suit in regards to this issue.
    If you have a 6th gen. Accord, can you give me your opinions of the car..oh, and your mileage..I guess the issue happens around 80K mi. or more.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 1998-2002 Honda Accord

I had a 99 Accord LX. sold it to my brother's friend around 98K miles (wish I had never done that, I miss that car!) he totaled it had around 150k. Loved that car. Had no problems that I can remember.
    CPST & Mom to 3 great daughters
    DDM 20 yrs EMTbasic; Seatbelt
    DDK 1/10/06 54# Cybex X-Fix-booster - doing GREAT
    DDG 7/10/07 43# FF RE
    "You know you're healing when your sadness no longer affects your happiness" anon

What's up doc!? I brought carrots to the soup. You?

Re: 1998-2002 Honda Accord

Nice....I did a little research and it seems that the problem is more with the
    V6's...the one we are looking at is only a 4 cylinder...maybe we'll get lucky. My mom has 2 honda's and both have over 220k mi (she used to have a pretty long commute...about 200mi a day). She loves them.