I can't stand seeing carseats used wrong...

dodgewoman

I have a sickness:rolleyes: I always wanted to get on my soapbox and rant and rave about carseat use. I am on another board where we have mommy journals. A woman posted pictures. Dear lord, her son was in a carseat that had the most twisted straps I have ever seen! Then he was in another car and in one of those crazy boosters that the carseat belt goes OVER the lap bar part, KWIM? They are really old aren't they? Wicked unsafe too? Gah, how do you not put your:twocents: in all the time?

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Then he was in another car and in one of those crazy boosters that the carseat belt goes OVER the lap bar part, KWIM? They are really old aren't they? Wicked unsafe too? Gah, how do you not put your:twocents: in all the time?

That sounds like a shield booster - all are expired, many were uncalled, and all are unsafe. That's something that I might consider saying something about. Does your other board have some sort of PM function, so you don't have to call her out in her journal comments?

AmandaR

I have a hard time with this in my mommy's group (many had FFing 9 month olds). I want to say something (and to many of them I've tried to say something via PM, nicely of course) but people are quick to get offended. :(

sunnymw

I get generic... right before 1 yr I posted a huge FAQ about ERF and safe seats, including info on expiration dates, OHS seats, shell heights, etc--very extensive. I think 90% of my board is ERFing :)

sloman4100

Sunny - I'd love the information you've shared that you referenced in your reply here. I had NO idea about straps for FF needed to be AT or ABOVE shoulders..... for this many years (I've been a mom for 11 years - 5 children) I've always thought it was the same as RF (lower than shoulder)! ACK!

I need a "catchall" safety post and would love to read what you have put together!

dodgewoman

I have a hard time with this in my mommy's group (many had FFing 9 month olds). I want to say something (and to many of them I've tried to say something via PM, nicely of course) but people are quick to get offended. :(
This is my issue, I'm afraid to offend. I guess better to offend and maybe safe a life then to keep my mouth shut huh?

sunnymw

Sunny - I'd love the information you've shared that you referenced in your reply here. I had NO idea about straps for FF needed to be AT or ABOVE shoulders..... for this many years (I've been a mom for 11 years - 5 children) I've always thought it was the same as RF (lower than shoulder)! ACK!

I need a "catchall" safety post and would love to read what you have put together!

http://talk.sheknows.com/f1135/1-year-carseat-psa-loads-comprehensive-info-800216/

It's just the 1 year PSA... I may put together a HWH one for my other board once they all get close to 4 :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC