Diplomat Question

cpsaddict

How long would an average/below average toddler last rf in the Diplomat?

Note: I am getting one and already know of it's shortcomings. I just need to know how long an average kid will last rf. Thanks.:)

ADS

jujumum

My son lasted till 24mo rf in the RA, but since the DP is a little more cramped than the RA with the headwings, I think Maedze's estimate is right.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Leah's pretty tall and still had an inch over her head at 27 months in the Roundabout...the headwings do push a head forward and make the seat appear to be outgrown sooner (happens in the BV for sure!), so you just have to be careful to check against the shell (which is one inch taller than the SR32).

:)

cpsaddict

Leah's pretty tall and still had an inch over her head at 27 months in the Roundabout...the headwings do push a head forward and make the seat appear to be outgrown sooner (happens in the BV for sure!), so you just have to be careful to check against the shell (which is one inch taller than the SR32).

:)

Well, heck, if it's an inch taller than the Safeseat, we are golden. I am getting it for Kenzie, but my mom may use it for my nephews for a bit because she hates the Scenera with a passion. Both boys still fit in the Safeseat. They are 17 and 14mths.
Now I am getting excited to get it. I love the RA and I am hoping the Diplomat has the same adjuster.

abigaylebelle

The diplomat does have the same adjuster as the ra. My son is 2.5 and he still fits rf.
ETA: rf in the roundabout and diplomat I should've specified

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh yeah, you'll love it. I don't care how little use I got out of my Roundabouts, I loved every minute of owning them :love:

Shaunam

Oh yeah, you'll love it. I don't care how little use I got out of my Roundabouts, I loved every minute of owning them :love:

Me too! I loved our diplomat! I hate when people call them "useless". They rock! So long as you know you'll eventually need another seat, that is. :p DD would still fit at age 2...she still has 1" over her head in the SS1.

Maedze

I had a Diplomat for a brief time (2 or 3 months?) for Bean the Third. I'll be honest, I bought it right after our accident (SafeSeat had to be replaced) because I was won over by its winsome cuteness :whistle:

I would never recommend it to a parent, but I just had to have it. It was small. It was cute. It installed easily. It adjusted easily. I felt it would be a sin if I didn't at LEAST use one for a short while :whistle:

Anyhow, the guilt started catching up a few months later, that I had spent a large sum of money on a seat I didn't *need* and would be outgrown sooner rather than later, so I sold it on Craigslist for nearly what I paid for it.

cpsaddict

I got one off swap here for a good deal, so I am not out a huge amount. I will confess that I think it's so cute and that adjuster is so awesome. I just had to have it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC