Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Hypotonia harnest booster for largerlm

I have a rather large two-and-a-half-year-old she weighs 44lb and is 39 in tall he is over 99th percentile. He is hypotonia but we are in process of determining why. He currently is in a evenflo maestro harnest booster. I am not happy with the seat. It is low profile which helps to get him in and out but the seat pad pops off and it is not very padded and he is already in second from top slot!!! I am at a loss. I dont know what wpuld be a good fit since I need something more reclined ff due to his floppiness. When he falls asleep he loos so uncomfortable and head hangs. We do travel quite a bit due to rural area and appt 1+ away. Anyone that can help I would glady appreciate it thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Hypotonia harnest booster for largerlm

I know that the Chicco MyFit has a recline feature but I have not personally tried the seat out yet.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Hypotonia harnest booster for largerlm

If the MyFit at the maximum allowed recline doesn't work, a Graco Extend2Fit rear facing could be a temporary solution until he hits 50 lbs; that would give you time to arrange for a special needs harness seat.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!