Vent Who knew the B510 was so confusing?

mlbmom

Minor vent. My mom picked up DD and me last night for an errand. Mom used to have our Parkway (classic), but DH has it now b/c I prefer the SIP for everyday use. So Mom has the B510 for very occasional use.

Mom is helping DD get in the car, and they're having all kinds of trouble. Now DD can buckle that booster herself, no problem. So I get out to check...

First, the back has been put in lowest position, below DD's shoulder. Second, Mom put the seatbelt is OVER the non-buckle-side armrest. Third, I realize there's no slack in the belt b/c Mom has wedged belt behind the yellow adjustment for the back. Gah!

Is it really that hard? I may have to trade the PW back to her. Sigh. Just had to vent to someone who would understand.

Mel

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Sorry to hear you're having problems with your mom buckling your DD. How old is your DD? I'd think that if she's old enough for a booster, she could probably learn how to route the seat belt properly (if needed) once the adult has buckled her, if she needs help buckling.

could you take a pic of your DD properly buckled in the booster and leave it in a ziplock with it, so your mom has a visual reference of how it's supposed to look? If she only drives your DD occasionally, I can see how it'd be easy to forget where the belt is supposed to go.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
could you take a pic of your DD properly buckled in the booster and leave it in a ziplock with it, so your mom has a visual reference of how it's supposed to look? If she only drives your DD occasionally, I can see how it'd be easy to forget where the belt is supposed to go.

well.......sure. this would be great, if you wanted to be all mature and reasonable about it. :rolleyes::p

Personally, I prefer to just complain and mock, lol. ;)

I feel your pain, OP.

mlbmom

Personally, I prefer to just complain and mock, lol. ;)

I feel your pain, OP.

;) Thanks. DD is 6y10m and is a whiz at buckling the B510, but it was so messed up I had to take her out of the car and start over. I shouldn't have switched boosters... the PW is more fool-proof. And Grandma did just get a new car... usually I install anything myself.

I think Grandma learned her lesson. (Her job is training salespeople nationally, so hopefully she's a good student too.)

Thanks for letting me vent. This incident will help guide me through my upcoming decision of "the MA expires next month so I need a new booster and have to figure out which one will go with which adult and which vehicle."

Mel

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC