Difference between Decathlon and Marathon?

charmedmom4

I'd like to know if there's any difference between those 2 seats. Also if anyone know of any special sales going on with Britax seats?

Thanks!
Amy

ADS

NannyMom

The DC has 3 crotch positions, and the MA has 1 (about the same as the center position on the DC).

I think the DC doesn't have the LATCH bars like the MA and BV do.

DC goes to 33 pounds RF and MA goes to 35 pounds RF.

Niea

That's right, the Decathlon does not have the LATCH bars like the MA and BV do. This doesn't impact installation any, but some people prefer the bars.

The other main difference is that the Decathlon has a push-button adjuster instead of the lever the MA has.

The Decathlon is also being phased out (if it hasn't already), which is why the RFing limit wasn't increased to 35 like the other seats.

jujumum

Yes to everything said so far. The DC is also slightly lighter (about 1.5lbs) without the latch bars and lacking those bars is easier on an airplane. The push button adjuster is a huge pain in the neck (I've had one for 3 years) compared to the MA/BV/FPSVD/RA50. The plastic body appears to be the exact same mold as the FPSVD and RA50. I have a ton of pics in my album, but I don't know if you can access it.

2BunniesMommy

I just wanted to say that I agree about the Decathlon adjuster being very hard to use. I also had one for about 3 years.
I love my Marathon!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The risk of getting a Decathlon with an adjuster that sticks so bad it won't adjust the harness without hulk-like-brute-strength is so high I would completely cross it off my list :twocents: The Roundabout 50 is a great light choice based on the DC shell (no heavy LATCH bars, three crotch strap positions) and the adjuster actually works. I'd buy whichever I could find cheapest :D (www.albeebaby.com often has awesome prices on the Marathon)

:)

charmedmom4

Thanks for the comparison. I am going to go for Marathon. I found a good deal from Craigslist, brand new, never opened box. asking 180 buckaroos. I forget to ask for the expiration date. Will ask her after posting this. It's Ashley pattern. I really want the girl blue pattern! I see that there's only neutral ones that are blue.

Amy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC