Question Apex 65?

kdkm

So is the Apex 65 the same as the Alpha Elite? I went to check out the Apex 65 at my big lots an the ticket said Alpha Elite on the seat that I thought was the Apex so I assumed it was different seat and they didn't have the Apex anymore. Then yesterday, I saw where someone on here said they were the same seat. Are they?

Also, how does the Apex 65 compare to the new Generations 65?

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
yes, the apex 65 is also called the alpha eilte, and sometmies the "biltmore".
blame dorel.
The seat actually has slightly taller top slots than the generations 65, so will last longer harnessed...so if you can get the apex for $85 at BL, it's a better deal than $99 for teh generations, but the regular price of $129ish isn't. Also, the apex is a WIDE seat, so some peopel feel their skinny minnies are dwarfed by it and are concerned about side-to-side motion in a side impact. The booster fit is blah, as with most combo seats, although its hard to say whih would be better, apex or gen65, for your particaular child in your particular vehcile...likely, both are less than stellar.

MustangMama

If you sign up to get Big Lots online newsletter you will get a coupon for 20% off :thumbsup:

We paid $65 for ours @ Big Lots :)

kdkm

Thanks for the replies! Will definitely go back when I get the chance to check it.

Also, how much more room is there in an apex 65 than in a scenera? Like how long would an Apex 65 hold a child if they have already outgrown the scenera by height? Weight is not an issue at all for my seat selection, torso height is the main factor.

armywife12

Thanks for the replies! Will definitely go back when I get the chance to check it.

Also, how much more room is there in an apex 65 than in a scenera? Like how long would an Apex 65 hold a child if they have already outgrown the scenera by height? Weight is not an issue at all for my seat selection, torso height is the main factor.

The Apex top slots are several inches higher than the Scenera top slots. I'm not sure by how much though. I want to say the Scenera top slots are around 14.5-15 inches high and the Apex is closer to 17-17.5 inches or so. It usually fits children about 2 yrs longer than the Scenera

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC