Glad I bought an infant seat

ZephyrBlue

because there is no way DD could ride in the TFP from birth. She was 6lbs 1oz when we left the hospital and there was a good 2 inches between her shoulders and the lowest harness slot on the TFP, even w/the infant insert. I didn't measure her torso, but all of my kids have short ones, so I'm assuming she does as well. For people with bigger newborns, the seat probably works great, but for small ones, not so much, I'm thinking. At 3wks, she's still too small.

Anyone else have a nb too small to fit properly in the TF or TFP? Or is it just my little peanut? LOL

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Wow teeny baby! DS fit great in the TF from birth (but he was 8 lbs!).

Bodhi218.jpg

Congrats BTW :love:

ZephyrBlue

thanks anna :) she was 6lb4oz at birth, but 3 weeks early, so she was on the way to being a "normal" sized newborn, anyway, lol!!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Awwww. Laine fit perfectly. In fact, she may be closing in on the second slots at 12 days old. That's with the insert in, though. She's 8 pounds now and has gained 4 ounces since her birth (I have no idea what her weight went down to, I didn't weigh her). But she's got a longer torso, same as Piper.

That's good to know, though.

Wendy

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
DS is close to the 2nd slots too (has been since we started using it, but hasn't grown much in the torso so far!).

And Wendy, what a beautiful bald baby :love:

babygirlsmom1005

Beautiful baby and love all the pics!!!

I can see how some newborns wouldn't fit, my DS at 3 months needed the infant insert to get him up to the bottom slots (so I know as a newborn he would have been too short and he was 8 lbs 19.5 inches long at birth, my kids have long legs), now at 5 months I have taken it out and he's right at the bottom slots in it with his TFP.

NVMBR02

I only tried dd in the true fit at Target so it wasn't installed but she is still slightly below the bottom slots at 6 weeks old with the infant insert in. (I tried her over the weekend, she was 5 weeks, 5 days). She was 6lbs at birth and weighs 7lbs 12 oz now. She does have a short torso but I haven't measured it. I would feel comfortable using the TF with her now but I am not sure I would have been at birth. She almost needed the low birth weight foam in the Chaperone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC