I'm still shaking...

featherhead

from being nervous of course...
A friend from church called me at lunch today. She asked me if I had a carseat she could use (this friend is single and 20). She said they had some friends visiting from Germany and they needed a carseat for their 1 year old girl. I do have an extra right now, so I said she could use it. Of course Germany + 1 year old means forward facing for sure! When they got here I asked how big the girl was, mom said 9 kg. I was going to put her forward facing, just cause the parents probably don't know any english, and it would be hard to tell them why I was putting her rear facing. But I couldn't find a tether hook in the back of the van, so I asked my friend to ask them if it was alright if I put her rear-facing, and they said whatever! So I put the EFTA in rear-facing in a captains chair for the little girl (who must have been just barely 1). I got it in nice and tight, and then I put the little girl in, to adjust the straps properly. Mom and dad were very happy:) Mom asked how to loosen and tighten the straps, so I showed her that. My friend asked me if I was a safety officer or something... I told I would like to be:D

Of course afterwards my friend told me that they had driven all the way from Grand Forks (a 2 hour drive) and crossed the border into Canada, all with that little girl not in a carseat:( I'm gonna tell my friend that she only needs to bring the seat back AFTER they drop them off at the airport again.

ADS

ilo

I saw this morning at my offices parking garage a car with infant bucket seat at the back. I had to look again as it looked like FF! I walked next to the car and really the seat was a bucket seat, probably old (looked like it might be expired) with 3 point harness. It was installed FF using the RF beltpath and the seatbelt was really loose.

swtgi1982

I see that all the time here with the FF infant bucket. Most just put the buckle over the top, if it is attached to the seat at all, most the kid is buckled into the seat, but the seat not secured down.:eek: Yes I do report the seats! I call them in right away.

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! Glad to hear she is safe now. I can not believe they drove 2 hours or more without in a seat. How did they get accross the border with her in no seat is my wonder.

featherhead

Yeah, I have no idea how they got across the border!! I noticed there was an infant seat in the back of the van (in fact I think it was my SIL's). So maybe my friend brought it along to pick up these people, and then they told her their dd was too big. I'm not sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC