When my oldest outgrows GN for harness, should she be okay for HBB?

Raegansmom4

My oldest will be 4 in November and is just about ready to move up to the top slot of her Nautilus (I'm guessing in the next couple months it will have to go up). Do you think the Nautilus will get her to at least 5.5 or 6 in the harness? She is currently 42ish lbs and 41ish inches. Not sure of torso - she has about 1/4 inch to a smidge to go on the 3rd slot of the GN. I see the $165 Regent at babycatalog.com but really don't have the money for it now, but I'm afraid if she needs it in a year when the GN is outgrown, they will all be gone. What to do, what to do? She has no developmental issues. Would you be comfortable w/ her in a booster when she does outgrow the GN? Would you spring for the Regent?

ADS

Maedze

You'd be surprised. I've been thinking for the last 8 months that I'll have to move to the top slot 'any day now'.

I put Bean the First at the second to the top slot two years ago. Now at almost 5 and 46" tall, (97th percentile for his age), he is STILL in the second to top slot. He'll easily make it to 6.5, maybe more, in the Nauti as a harnessed seat.

The Nautilus will get 99.9% of children to safe boostering age, save those with developmental delays.

mommaon112903

I agree with Maedze, even with Josef and his super amazing torso growth (almost 4" :eek: in two years) he would still fit into the GN (although most likely outgrowing it) and he will be six in 2 months.

At six years of age a child is very safe in a properly used booster :thumbsup:

AtTheSouthDam

She has the similar stats to DD1 at that age so I would guess 5.5 depending on torso height.
A regent won't buy you much more time. A new one would be post advisory and while it has a 20" top harness height the recline bar makes it more like 19" installed in a vehicle, therefore only buying you 1/2".

Raegansmom4

She has the similar stats to DD1 at that age so I would guess 5.5 depending on torso height.
A regent won't buy you much more time. A new one would be post advisory and while it has a 20" top harness height the recline bar makes it more like 19" installed in a vehicle, therefore only buying you 1/2".

Wow. Good to know! I never did quite get what the "post advisory" part meant. I thought it had to do w/ the LBP/SBP installations at certain weights. In that case, no regent for us. I'm hoping the last slot will go slow w/ her - she's spent a year on the 3rd slot, so if she can at least get another year out of the last slot, she'll get to age 5 or so. I was just hoping to keep her harnessed to age 6, which will be hard to do since she's so tall/big for her age. There is a kindergartner in our school who is smaller/shorter than my almost-4-yo! Here's to hoping some super awesome high-back boosters come out in the next year or so!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC