Narrow Base for use in Canada

K

kadmal

Hello. We're looking to install a forward-facing seat (for 2 yr old) and a rear-facing base (for newborn) into the middle row of a Saturn Outlook bench. We need to put the two seats on the "60" portion of the "60/40" split to allow for one of our older kids to get to the 3rd row. We currently have a Marathon and Graco Snugride. The problem is with these two side-by-side, we can't easily get to the 3rd row. We just purchased a Sunshine Radian XT to replace the Marathon (which we will move to our 2nd vehicle), but we need something to replace the Graco. Something narrow, approved for use in Canada. Something that when installed in the centre, will allow the unoccupied seat to flip down (without bumping the centre seat) in order to get someone in the 3rd row. The Baby Trend Flex-Loc seems to be the narrowest, but from what I can tell, isn't approved for use in Canada. Any help is appreciated.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Have you tried to install the Radian in the center? It's a tough install, but it can be done. With a Radian center, you might be able to fit the snugride in the outboard position. If not, give the Chaperone a try - it seemed to be pretty narrow when I tried it in my outlook and it installed without the base super easy in the outboard position so if need be you could always go with a baseless install if it ended up conserving space. I've had 3 across in my Outlook with a radian and SS1 on the 60 portion of the bench, but it was a really tight squeeze because of the way the handle hits the side of the radian.

I don't believe the chaperone would have that problem - the challenge will be if you're able to get a good install on the radian ff'ing in the center. If you search my old posts there is one I think in the installation forum of detailed instructions for how to do it.

(I drive an 07 Outlook, so have played with quite a wide variety of seats in it. :))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC