recaro vivo compared to monarch or airbooster

Amaris

Big Lots has the vivo for $65 and I was considering it for Isaiah. That would let me put Michael in the monarch in the 3rd row. He just fits in it in the 3rd row, and normally I'm comfortable with him in a backless in the 2nd row, but we are planning a road trip next month and he still sleeps in the car. He ends up laying over sideways when he sleeps in a backless. I tried just switching the boosters I have but Isaiah does not fit in the airbooster well. So, how tall is the vivo compared to the monarch and airbooster? How wide in the seat? Does the width adjust?

ADS

christineka

The vivo acomidates a torso of about 20.5-21 inches. The sides do not adjust. I don't have exact measurements, but I believe the seat is wider inside than the turbobooster.

PHaley

I don't see the vivo sale do you have a link? All I could find was the cosco pronto for $25? How does it compare? I've heard the Vivo is more narrow width and shallow in the legs area. Would that help? What doesn't work about the Air for your son?

christineka

I went out and measured for you. The narrowest part for the shoulders is at the top of the body area. It is 11 inches on the inside.

The back of the butt area is 10.5 inches wide. It expands out to 12 inches at the front. The seat depth is 12.5 inches.

The widest part of the seat are the tips forward of the lap belt guides. That is 18 inches.

The headwings are impressively 8 inches deep.

PHaley

I called my local big lots and the guy was like "we have a few" yeah! I'm hoping I can get one Friday when I get paid but I might make a trip over there before then to make sure his "few" aren't 1 or 2 and I don't miss it! I can start a new thread if this is considered hijacking but I'm wondering while we're comparing the vivo to other boosters how it would compare to the old Britax Starriser comfy? I like that it doesn't have armrests which is similar and I already know it can't be used backless which is different but height wise and comfort/support wise what do you think? Both my SR/C expired and we've just been using the Nauti or backless Turbo if I have a kids who won't fit harnessed. Thanks and thanks for the link and measurements too :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC