Need opinions please :)

Cat&Mouse

Thank you to everyone who answered my last post.

Now dh and I are limited to car seats sold at TRU as we have a $100 gift card there. So we can't get any Radians.

Now my ds is almost 1 years and I think he is around 20lbs. I drive an American Acura TL 1998. I want to rear face him as long as possible. At TRU there are only 3 carseats that rear-face past 30lbs 1) Britax Advocate; 2) Truefit; 3) Safety 1st Complete Air Protect. Dh wants to Safety 1st Complete Air Protect as ds can rf up to 40lbs. I can't find any reviews or opinions on the Complete Air Protect.

What are everyone's experience with these 3 carseats? Which one can I get a longer use out of? How come the Britax Marathon goes up to 35lbs rf is the States but only 30lbs rf in Canada?

ADS

Cat&Mouse

Sorry - yes I'm in Canada! :eek:

I didn't see the Britax Roundabout! Thanks! If I could get opinions on this carseat too? Thanks!

What is the AOE Elite?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Does TRU carry the True Fit? That's a nice seat too and RF to 35 in Canada as well. :)

I'm loving my new Complete Air, actually. It's got the good points of the AOE and hardly any of the bad, plus a cute cover (we have Harvest) and a 40 lb. RF limit and a SUPER tall shell!

canadiangie

Thank you to everyone who answered my last post.

Now dh and I are limited to car seats sold at TRU as we have a $100 gift card there. So we can't get any Radians.

Now my ds is almost 1 years and I think he is around 20lbs. I drive an American Acura TL 1998. I want to rear face him as long as possible. At TRU there are only 3 carseats that rear-face past 30lbs 1) Britax Advocate; 2) Truefit; 3) Safety 1st Complete Air Protect. Dh wants to Safety 1st Complete Air Protect as ds can rf up to 40lbs. I can't find any reviews or opinions on the Complete Air Protect.

What are everyone's experience with these 3 carseats? Which one can I get a longer use out of? How come the Britax Marathon goes up to 35lbs rf is the States but only 30lbs rf in Canada?

Hi,

I'm writing this assuming your seatbelts lock manually...

Having the TF means you'd have built in lockoffs which are great when you're installing a rear facing seat with seatbelts that lock manually. The TF also has the tallest shell of the seats with lockoffs.

Many times when you lock a seatbelt manually (pulling the shoulder belt all the way out and letting it retract back in) it causes a rf seat to tilt or lean to one side. This is because the shoulder belt is always trying to retract back in more. Using lockoffs instead means you can leave your seatbelts unlocked, pull the seatbelt tight, clamp the lockoffs closed, have the seat stay nice and tight. No leaning or tilting issues.

Your ds's stats are really average. I'd have no concerns buying a seat with a 35lb rf limit for a 1y/o who is just 20 lbs. Barring some incredible new growth curve, he should be able to rf for a good 2-3 more years in a 35lb rf seat, assuming he still has 1" of seatshell above his head.

ETA: having lockoffs also means you can avoid having to use a locking clip, which is the only other solution to a tilting rf seat. Locking clips are a pain in the butt though, so if you can avoid having to use one (by getting a seat with built in lockoffs) all the better.

Cat&Mouse

I have no idea if my seatbelts lock manually! Makes me wonder how well I've installed his current carseat! Thank you telling me about the lock-offs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC