DS and my opinion of the Oobr

puglover333

We've had the Oobr for almost a week now. Today, I asked DS which seat he liked better - his new Skurvy or the red one (Monterey). Without hesitation, he said "the red one".

When I asked him why he said that it was softer and longer. After a little discussion I discovered that the softer was under his bottom and on the armrests. The longer was refering to the armrests and "under my legs".

I really wanted to love this seat - I love my spare Olli and the Skurvy cover! I have to say that I agree with DS and prefer the Monterey.

There is only one cupholder on the Oobr, and you have to attach it to the seat by taking off the seat bottom cushion, which is a pain. He prefers to have the cupholder on the side to the middle of the car, which is normally fine. Yesterday, I had to do 3 across and needed to put someone in the middle. I had to take apart the seat bottom to take the cupholder off.

The recline feature on the Oobr is really hard to use. You have to lift up on a lever on the front of the seat to get the seat to recline. It is really hard to get the lever high enough to let the seat recline. There is no way you could turn around in the car and do it from the front seat if you noticed your child had fallen asleep while driving (assuming you aren't the one driving :)). I don't think you could accomplish reclining the seat without waking up a child.

Add to this the fact that DS has more growing room in the Monterey (http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=999771#post999771) and that it is a lot cheaper, and we'll be staying with the Monterey.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Aw, sorry it's not working out. I do wish they'd 'get' that no matter how soft a seat is, it still needs to be deep for thigh support and comfort (or sell a clip on foot rest... ).
Luckily you have the space to let him choose.. the Monterey's fine in a captain's chair or if you don't have to fit three across, but the Oobr's one of the few tools in the toolbox we have for 3-across situations right now.

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC