Spare seats and new car.

AtTheSouthDam

DH is buying a car in the several weeks here. He wants to use the two spare seats we have at the moment in his car. I kind of like having spare seats at the house "just in case". The car he is getting will likely be a late '90's early 2000 coupe or sedan, VW, volvo, Honda or Toyota are the most likely (we are using saving to pay in full. I don't want another car payment right now :p).

For DD1 we have a TB and Monterey. The monterey would stay in the van as that is where she will be riding the most and I really like that it will stay LATCHed.

For DD2 we have a RN and a TF. I like the RN in my van too, she has more legroom.

In addition, I have one little boy on Monday and Fridays, he just turned 5y and is about 42" tall, 40#. He sits horribly in a booster but doesn't mind a five point. I will be watching him through the end of May. He rides in the TF with plenty of room.

I have another boy who is nearly six, 42" and a whole 35#. He sits wonderfully in booster but hates five points. I will be watching him indefinitely or until his mom no longer works three jobs :( He rides in the TB but I have been promising to get him one that is not pink (DD1' seat is the Gabrielle print. It doesn't get much girlier than that :p)

If DH takes my spare seats for his car I have nothing to put them in should we go anywhere, effectively leaving me stuck at home twice a week, something the second car is supposed to avoid.

So, do I just hope remembers to leave me the spares twice a week (he has proven unreliable about that in the past) or do I convince him to let me get a new seat or two? And, if so, what seat(s)?

ADS

disbugsmomma

I would try to get him to let you get new seats, being that he has already proven he can't remember to leave seats for you. I always think it's a good idea to have at least one extra seat anyway. :whistle: (says the person with seven seats for one dd) I would probably get another TB for the older one and either a TF, RN or GN for the younger one. The GN would last the longest harnessed, but I don't know if it would be too wide if you need 3 across.

Yup, I'm an enabler. :eek: :whistle:

AtTheSouthDam

Woot! I won the argument already!
He forgot that I watched C twice a week, so he just laughed and said I could a get a new one for him :D

Now to decide what. I am leaning towards to the Nautilus but what other 65# seats are there, FF? Evenflo Generation, MA, 1st air, was the Symphony upgraded to 65#? MR..

I could always ave C use the TF we have and get a new one for DH's car so convertibles are options too. Oh, so many choices!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC