Playing with seats at TRU (photos)

Michi

I got to play with some seats at Toys R Us this week. ( And for once I had my camera with me!) I tried to get photos showing the slot heights of some of the seats.
I was really surprised - my 4 yr old still had a bit of growing room in the Triumph, but my 2 yr old had almost outgrown the Comfort Sport!
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/mom2jjka/carseats/?action=view&current=1168287556.pbw

My 4 yr old is "average" in height and weight ( 50%) for both, and my 2 yr old is on the petite side ( she's about 24lbs - not sure how tall...) My 9 yr old is 4.5 ft and 52 lbs. ....just incase that helps anyone.....

ADS

LuvBug

I had my niece this weekend and we went to target and she was about an inch(if not exact or slightly more) outgrown(in jeans) of the comfortsport!! She is 2 as of may. She is definitely taking after DS. She rides in a scenera in my car and in jeans is level with the top slots.

Dolly

Im surpriced that most of the rear facing seats in usa are so short in the seat..

most of the rear facing seats in norway can be used from 6 months to 4/5 years old. and they can be used to 40 lbs or 55 lbs...

my brother is 5 years old 44,2 inches an is sitting perfecltly with his legs down rear facing in my 2 year old daughters seat..

Michi

There was a couple there looking to buy a seat for their 8 or 9 month old and they were really interested in the C.S. - I showed them how it fit my DD, and tried to convince them otherwise, but I think they ended up buying it. :rolleyes:

LuvBug

I wish we had seats that rearfaced that long and had a back long enough to fit! DS hit 33lbs before I was ready.
Im really jealous of the people with the petite kids who are still rearfacing at 3,4,5 years old. DS wasnt even 2.5 when it happened :( My DN is suprisingly the same. At 30m she was almost 34lbs with clothes, so she only lasted about a month or 2 longer than DS.

Michi

Yeah - My 4 yr old has just hovered between 34-36 lbs all year. I keep thinking...if she would have STAYED at 34 I would have bought her a Scenera, but she keeps yo-yo'ing up and down....:(

LuvBug

gosh would she still fit rearfacing in a scenera in height?!?!
DS outgrew the scenera in height long before weight lol! When he finally hit 33lbs his head stuck out about an inch above the shell(he was about even with the shell on the marathon).

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I was still able to fit abby at 4y 3m rfing in a scerna she was right at 34.5 lbs i just tried her in the seat that way, and she fit with 1 and 1/4 inch to the shell... she would have plenty of rfing room in the radian but she was over 33lbs limit it has... so she was ffing from then on... i found this board about that time and it was to late to changer her around she was only rfing till 17 months b/c i didn't know any better she hit 20 at that time and that's why i turned her around :(

scatterbunny

Dolly, I'd give anything if we had seats that rear-faced to 55 pounds here! My big-for-her age 5.5yo could possibly still be rear-facing if we had your kind of seats. :( She was too big to rear-face in any US seats by 2.5 years old. And on top of that, most of our doctors and people who should know better are still telling parents to turn babies forward at one year old and 20 pounds. I turned my daughter at 13 months and about 25 pounds because I didn't know any better.

For some reason my connection won't let me view the slideshow. :(

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I was lucky Leila was so lightweight & longer in the legs to stay RF so long! But, I'd gladly turn her around again if we had a seat that would....

Also, Dolly -- from what I know of the Scandinavian seats, they install differently to purposely allow more leg room for the 4+ year olds :)

Michi

I couldn't believe the lack of selection at TRU.:mad:
The didn't even have a Scenera, and the only Britax they had was the Parkway which was the floor model, and they weren't going to order any more.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Your kids are beautiful!!!

My BRU and TRU stores don't sell the Scenera either.
The other day, when I was at BRU, they had:

- two Peg Perego Primo Viaggios
- four (?) Graco Safe Seats
- three (?) Graco SnugRides
- one Evenflo Embrace
- one Combi
- one Boulevard
- one Roundabout
- one Decathlon
- two Marathons
- three Alpha Omegas
- one Alpha Omega Elite (APEX)
- three Evenflo Triumphs
- three Graco Comfort Sports
- one Evenflo Titan ???
- one Britax Parkway
- three Graco SafeSeat 3/Turbo Boosters
- one Evenflo booster (name??)
- one Evenflo Generations (???)
- two Eddie Bauer booster combo seats
- two Graco CarGo something or others
- several other seats that I am forgetting right now!!!!

Yoshi

pablomichi- your 4yr old dd reminds me of "scout" in the movie To kill a Mockingbird with that haircut! So adorable- they all are. I would love to cut DD's hair like that because it is so fine textured and it's all tangly and crazy in the morning, but since my mom ALWAYS cut my hair short (boy haircuts) I resist the urge so my DD can have some say in it. Does that haircut stay off her face, or do you need to use barettes?

Michi

Thank you all for the compliments! :)
LOL! I never thought about it before, but Katie-Noel does remind me of Scout. ( In personality, too!) For the most part her hair stays out of her face - it was really static-y that day from her hat, but it usually looks better than that.
(She calls it her "Dora haircut.") All three of my girls have baby fine hair.

crystal vowell

I couldn't believe the lack of selection at TRU.:mad:
The didn't even have a Scenera, and the only Britax they had was the Parkway which was the floor model, and they weren't going to order any more.

In Austin,Tx our TRU does not carry any Britax but they do have the Scenera for about $60.00

emandbri

The short top slots on the comfort sport are so bad, I can't believe graco hasn't fixed them yet!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC