In Search Of Wrap or Sling for pool

jka1217

Looking for a wrap or sling good for use in water, like a Gypsy Mama Water wrap or a sling in Solarveil or mesh material. Something so I can wear my 6 month old DD while at the pool with my 3yo DD.

ADS

Dillipop

Looking for a wrap or sling good for use in water, like a Gypsy Mama Water wrap or a sling in Solarveil or mesh material. Something so I can wear my 6 month old DD while at the pool with my 3yo DD.

Probably not going to like my response, but at the pool with a 3 year old, I wouldn't use anything to hold a baby against me. If you have to dive under to get 3 year old, baby goes under, too. I'd leave baby safely contained off to the side of the pool and take 3 year old in by themself or just hold baby and stay close to the edge, where you can quickly deposit baby if there is any trouble with 3 year old.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I'd offer you my solarveil RS, but it's a loaner to me!

I will tell you though that we used it a TON this summer...was fabulous for putting the babe in, and with the 2yo in a swim vest. :thumbsup:

Maedze

Does your pool allow vests? If you keep your three year old in a USCG approved class III vest, that'll give you a second to disentangle the baby from the wrap if something goes down.

jka1217

Probably not going to like my response, but at the pool with a 3 year old, I wouldn't use anything to hold a baby against me. If you have to dive under to get 3 year old, baby goes under, too. I'd leave baby safely contained off to the side of the pool and take 3 year old in by themself or just hold baby and stay close to the edge, where you can quickly deposit baby if there is any trouble with 3 year old.

In our case, the only pool we go to is the local indoor pool during Splash Time when it is open for only kids 5 and under. There usually aren't a lot of people and the rule is that any child under 5 must be within an arm's reach of an adult at all times. The part of the pool open for them starts at zero depth and goes to 5 ft, but we don't go beyond the 2 to 3 ft point. So, I'm usually just walking around next to her while she splashes and plays with the toys there. Chances are the baby and the carrier won't even touch the water, but just in case, I don't want to mess up one of my everyday carriers and want something that would dry quickly if it got a little wet.

Does your pool allow vests? If you keep your three year old in a USCG approved class III vest, that'll give you a second to disentangle the baby from the wrap if something goes down.

Yes, they do allow vests, they have some available there for the kids to wear, and I have her wear one.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I got my Solarveil Ring Sling from a seller on etsy. I :love: it. I can't remember the seller's name (something with a K, maybe?), but there was only one person selling them at the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC