Just got back from our drive in dh's SUV

hsjwmom

I mentioned to a few of you that I woud be taking dh's SUV for it's state inspection. To do this, I used the girls' spare boosters for the ride. This was my 4.5 yo's first time using one and she loved it. Well, I have to say...

I HATE BOOSTERS!

I can't imagine anyone thinking they are easier to use than a carseat! I locked the seatbelt on both of them just to doubly make sure the wiggle-worms would stay still. I ended up making a stop before the auto place, too. My problems:

1) Neither girl could buckle herself
2) It was a pain for ME to get them buckled (easily 2-3 times as long as to buckle them in their carseats)
3) Each time we got back in the truck, I had to free up the seatbelt so it could retract all the way, then start over threading it through the guides, etc. On the BG, I also had to unlock the lockoffs, etc.

Now, I AM glad I didn't have to take out the MA and Regent and install them in dh's truck and will still use the boosters as backups, but that's it. Since my 4.5 yo is close to outgrowing the MA :)eek: ), I had considered putting my 6 yo in her booster and not buying another Regent. Forget that! As soon as the "girl" Regent comes out in May, baby girl is getting one of her own!

BTW, no arguing at all about who got which booster! The girls decided themselves...dd6 wanted the BG to match her dark jeans, dd4 wanted the light blue suede TB to match HER jeans! LOL :D :rolleyes:

ADS

mominabigtruck

I totally agree with you. I had my 4.5yo in a booster for a little bit and he never had any inclination to buckle himself in or unbuckle himself, so I was still having to buckle him in everytime and then he was able to lean over and play with the baby. Way too much of a hassle, I'm perfectly happy with my husky now.

scatterbunny

I totally, totally agree! :D LOL! My dd is 5.5 and uses a Parkway sometimes (she still barely fits the Futura in my van, but has outgrown it in dh's truck). I hate it! She can't buckle herself because the seatbelt always retracts and it's difficult for her to pull it around herself and get it to the buckle and get it tightened up enough, and not get it twisted in that whole process. She CAN do up her own harness. All I do is make sure it is tight enough, and I can do that from my driver's seat (she's in the middle row). She's been able to buckle and unbuckle her harnessed seats since she was 3. We also both hate how tippy boosters are in general. Also dd just can't remember to sit back and stay in position. She wants to lean out of her seat and look behind us, out the back window of the van, all the time. :rolleyes: I don't have the option of locking the shoulderbelt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC