Welcome to Carseat Swap! - READ BEFORE YOU SELL!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Want to Sell a Used Carseat? Want to trade or exchange a child safety seat or related accessory? This is the place for your personal classified ad listing!

Senior Community Members (1 year registered, 300 posts, 150 reputation points), Technical Professionals and subscribers are allowed to post their "For Sale" and "Trade" items here. This includes child restraints and child passenger safety related items. All other items belong in the Swap-O-Rama sub forum.

Please use ebay or other websites for high value items or those where additional security or buyer/seller protection are needed. All registered members are allowed to read and reply to purchase items, but may not post price checks or items for sale/trade/wanted in reply to posts in this forum. This contents of this forum are visible to the public, but you must be registed and approved with a confirmed email address to reply to threads with questions or comments about an item being sold. All new threads are subject to review by moderators. Please update the title of your posts to "Sold!" if the item is no longer for sale or if you found an item you listed in a "wanted" thread. For older threads, you may use the "Report Post" feature to have a moderator update or remove it. Please read the announcement for access to post on Swap.

Buyers: please use caution before purchasing used child restraints. Please also examine this Used Seat Checklist first and then check to see, "The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Child Seat Recall Campaign Listing," with the included recall list. No products posted here are endorsed by Car-Seat.Org, its owners, moderators or administrators; Buyers Beware and purchase at your own risk and only from members you trust! Even though we do not recommend or vouch for any products sold here, you can be sure our technicians and advocates will quickly report any recalled, expired or clearly unsafe car seats that might ever be listed, so it should be a much safer environment to buy a "pre-owned" child restraint than on an auction site or at a garage sale. If you have any questions, you can and should always ask by replying to the ad!

Sellers of used child restraints: Please address as many points in the Used Seat Checklist as possible. If you are not the original owner or if a seat otherwise fails a point on the checklist, you should make a complete explanation or not list the seat for sale here at all (then destroy it!). It is expected that this forum be an exchange for "Clean" child restraints. Expired, recalled, damaged, prototype and other restraints can also be exchanged for display or evaluation purposes, but these should be clearly identified as not for use with a child and why. Photos of all child restraints are encouraged.

Like Craigslist or other classifieds, there is no degree of buyer or seller protection provided here. Car-Seat.Org assumes no risk or liability for any exchange or transaction made through this forum. We will not generally intervene on behalf of any buyer or seller. If you have any doubts or want some degree of protection, please consider using a private auction at a site like eBay after you agree on a purchase, or pay with a method that includes purchase protection (Paypal fee-based payments, credit card, etc). Other alternatives include using a reputable escrow service for your transaction or purchasing new merchandise instead. Carseat Swap is intended only as a convenient resource for our members, many of whom happen to be child passenger safety technicians and advocates. It is not promoted as a place where there is any guarantee of safety in regard to buyers, sellers or products listed. We do hope that with the expertise available at Swap, it may be a better place to buy an item than some auction sites where unsafe products are routinely sold.

Otherwise, we expect our members to be honest in their dealings with each other. Repeated complaints will likely result in loss of access. In extreme cases, accounts may be revoked and banned. Please also see http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=36179 before you buy or sell items at Car-Seat.Org Swap. While we hope to provide a safer environment to exchange used carseats in safe condition, there is no way we can vouch for any sellers or items. Even the iTrader feedback system cannot guarantee a reliable transaction and it is for reference only.

Any "For Sale", "Wanted", "Price Check" or similar listings in other forums may be deleted without warning. Other attempts to circumvent swap posting requirements, such as posting on behalf of another person who does not meet the requirements or replying to an existing swap post with your own similar item, will also be removed.

Thank you!

ADS

LuvBug

Re: Welcome!

I just wanted to add for buyer and seller protection. If you pay using paypal and the item arrives not as described, or not at all, you can file a dispute and recoop your money if they rule it that way. It isnt fail proof, but it helps.
Always be sure to get insurance and delivery confirmation(tracking) on the item to insure it was shipped, will not get lost, or if it is lost or damaged you will get your money back.

If you need information about what paypal is Im sure there are a good number of us who can explain. It is a free program, I believe it is sponsored/run by ebay? or at least in cohorts with them. Been around a while and is reputable.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Good point. With Paypal and other payment methods, some forms of transactions qualify and some don't. Be sure to read the fine print!

More about this forum and posting access from the senior community member usergroup can be found here http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8936 .

All hail joolsplus3, your moderator, Queen of CarseatLand and ruler of all Carseat Swap! lol!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

<bow> <Queen-like wave>

Thank you, thank you very much. I shall rule my kingdom with a fair but firm hand.

Everyone play nice and we won't have any problems, ok?

:)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Re: Welcome to Carseat Swap! - READ BEFORE YOU SWAP!

There is now a Swap-O-Rama sub forum for all other items that do not pertain to carseats or related CPS items.

lovinwaves

How do you get approved to post in swap?

Hi, and welcome to car-seat.org. As you will see in the first post of this thread, the guidelines are listed for posting in the swap forums.

Once you post your swap thread, it will be reviewed by a moderator of that forum then approved.

This forum is for Senior Community Members (1 year registered, 300 posts, 150 reputation points), Technical Professionals and subscribers to post their "For Sale" and "Wanted" items.

kescott

Thats interesting since I see several members posting, that have joined more recently than I have.

aclayton74

Thats interesting since I see several members posting, that have joined more recently than I have.

They can probably post for sale threads since they are a subscriber. It does not cost that much and you will have access to sell I believe:thumbsup:

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

Newer members may post in response to swap threads, but may not initiate threads unless they become a car-seat.org subscriber. This is a layer of protection so that members know that you're serious about being a good swapper. Hopefully the long-term members have a vested interest in the forums that they won't want to rip-off their fellow members and the newer members who become subscribers are willing to put forth the money and stick around.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

The system is basically automatic. If you are a senior community member, technicial professional or a subscriber, as per the announcement, then the software allows you to post a new thread with items for sale, trade, "In search of" or price checks.

In addition, moderators must approve new threads to make sure items appear generally appropriate for listing. Obviously, all posts in swap are at moderators discretion even after they are approved, as we cannot always immediately identify items that may be unsafe or otherwise questionable/unsuitable for listing. Similarly, moderators also remove posts both inside and outside of swap that attempt to circumvent the requirements for Swap posting.

Beyond that, Swap offers no protection whatsoever for buyers or sellers, much the same as Craigslist. Please conduct transactions at your own risk and if you have any doubts, use an escrow service or auction service where additional safeguards and protections are offered.

Janina

how do people protect themselves when they do a straight up swap and no money is exchanged? If I send out an item and am expecting the other person to send out and item but they don't, then I can't do anything. I was just wondering how other's do it.
Thanks

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

I would like to re-iterate that Swap is intended for listing small quantities of personally used items to sell or trade with other members. Listing large numbers of items, especially items that are new or those which vary widely in type, is generally considered to be beyond the intent of Swap and Swap-O-Rama. Swap is not a place to conduct a home resale business or to list large numbers of items for sale. To be fair to our sponsors and other members who would all like to do mass listings on Swap, such use is limited to sponsors within their own sub-forums.

For example, posting an occasional new item for sale has never been a problem, neither has posting a list of many used clothing items that your child no longer uses. Similarly, some people are active in one or more specific areas of interest, such as cloth diapers or strollers and frequently trade those particular items. This type of activity is not an issue and is generally encouraged.

On the other hand, moderators will, at their discretion, opt not to approve posts that appear to go beyond the intent of Swap and Swap-O-Rama. Routinely posting multiple threads a day with multiple items would be a clear indicator of such activity, especially with items that appear in any way to be items not used personally. Ongoing listings of new items or items that appear to be part of a resale operation may also be removed. Please consider a forum sponsorship and the use of a sponsor sub-forum for this type of activity.

Thank you for keeping Swap a successful place for our members to exchange items! Overall, Swap has facilitated quite a large number of item sales and trades with relatively few problems. As always, please feel free to report any unusual listings or problems with transactions. While Car-Seat.Org does not generally become involved in transactions for any reason, we do keep a record of complaints and ultimately may remove swap access for those who have ongoing issues in Swap.

Katy

I was just wondering why you have to have reg swap access in order to post wanted things? I totally understand why it is for those selling just don't get for those looking since they can buy things listed without acess. Thanks

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

I was just wondering why you have to have reg swap access in order to post wanted things? I totally understand why it is for those selling just don't get for those looking since they can buy things listed without acess. Thanks

When swap started, we used to allow some "Wanted", "In Search of" and "Price Check" posts outside of Swap. Unfortunately, they were mostly abused to end up selling items. Now, anything relating to personal transactions is generally required to be in swap. It is far too difficult to moderate otherwise, as people always manage to find some loophole or grey area to get around Swap access requirements.

In the case of special needs restraint systems or unique cases involving a child passenger safety issue, we do still allow members to post "Wanted" requests in the Special Needs forum and possibly Carseat Chat, subject to moderator approval, of course.

Ella

I am not eligible to post an in search of thread. But I wanted to know if there was a way to set a notification for this subforum for when a certain item is posted in a thread title.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Thank you to carseatcoach for some great tips on using paypal for swap transactions!

Car-Seat.Org recommends that PayPal payments be clearly marked as "for goods and services" and not sent as "gifts". Sending payments as "goods and services" provides Buyer Protection for the buyer (protection against undelivered items and against items that are Significantly Not As Described) and Seller Protection for the seller (protection against false claims of undelivered items and protection against fraudulent credit-card chargebacks). Please see the PayPal Terms of Service for more information on Buyer and Seller Protection.

It is against PayPal's Terms of Service for the seller to ask the buyer to send payments as a gift or to ask the buyer to directly cover fees; of course, the seller may set her or his selling price high enough to cover expenses such as PayPal fees and shipping costs. It is unethical to try to bypass PayPal fees by sending payments as "gifts", and if a seller is willing to defraud PayPal that may be indicative of a less-than-stellar business ethic.

eva_luvs_dave

I've been a long time member and have what I would consider a decent amount of posts. I would like to post my Diono Radian R120 FS. How do I go about doing that? Thanks 😁😊

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The system will automatically allow you to create a thread in Carseat Swap if you have access. I gave you a reputation click to speed you along a bit.

eva_luvs_dave

The system will automatically allow you to create a thread in Carseat Swap if you have access. I gave you a reputation click to speed you along a bit.
It is still not allowing me to 😭

I need to move my R120 and Keyfit 30.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC