Which seat would you use?

What would you do?

• Keep using the Blvd, keep the Scenera as the spare, and sell the TF.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Keep using the Blvd but use the TF as the spare.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Switch to using the TF, keep the Scenera as the spare, and sell/give away the Blvd.

• Switch to using the TF and use the Blvd as the spare.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Other/clicky box

• Total voters

Niea

I have waaaay too many seats to know what to do with. Help me out here!

So DS is 17 mos and 22ish pounds. He's currently RFing in a 2005 Blvd in my car. The seat is fine and I don't really have any issues with it, except maybe that the headwings make it difficult for me to get DS in and out of it. But that's not a big deal.

I also have a brand spankin' NIB True Fit that I got from Woot (DOM 2008). We already use a TF in DHs car and I like the seat fine, although the continuous harness is a bit annoying. As far as annoyingness goes, though, it's about on par with the headwings issue with the Blvd.

We also have a Scenera that's our spare.

What would you do? Poll to follow.

ADS

vonfirmath

You're going to have to make a decision on this one. Which annoyingness do you want to deal with, which seat you want to travel with, etc.

kittykate

I picked "Switch to using the TF, keep the Scenera as the spare, and sell/give away the Blvd." because both seats have the same weight limits but the True Fit has a higher shell and will last you longer than the BVLD if your LO outgrows the seat by height rather than weight.

We at one point had an MA in my car and a True Fit in DH's and once my (tall and leggy) sons hit about two they were significantly more comfortable in the True Fit rear facing as it had a lot more leg room than the MA. When the MA had to be replaced due to an accident we replaced it with another TF (this time the premiere) and I've been completely happy with that decision. :)

abbi_n_nadia

Which one does he seem more comfy in? We have one of each also and dd likes the boulevard better! But she has a lot more leg room in the TF...

solmama

I'd keep them all. We have 3 seats for our ds and 2 for our dd. One for each of our vehicles and one for Grandma and Grandpa's.

If your little one is close to outgrowing the Boulevard, by height, then switch to using the TF as a primary seat. I bet the continuous harness will become less annoying the more you get used to it.

If you're only keeping two, I use the TF as a primary seat and the Scenera as a spare.

Nisha

I would keep the TF and the BLV, and use your favorite, easiest to use as the main seat. I'm getting REALLY tired of RF with the MA, and I really wish I had a TF for the leg room but don't have the funds to buy an "unnessecary" car seat, so just use the one that works best for you but I would keep those two over the Scenera because they're nicer and more comfy and have at least as much or more room for RF.

canadiangie

Which is he more comfy in?

I have both and probably prefer the BV in terms of side support. My girls have terrible head flop in their TF's because the seat is so wide. OTOH, the TF provides more leg room, allows for 5 additional lbs for rf'ing (I'm in Canada), and has a taller shell. The continuous loop harness is something that I've gotten used to, but there are still moments when I rage a bit (like when I'm trying to even the harness out and dd is having a fit).

I keep both seats in my life because they each serve a purpose. In the longrun my oldest dd will go into the BV as a ff'ing seat which I think will fit her tiny body like a glove and be perfect for her. (a Frontier would eat her alive).

My vote is to keep them all and rotate through them as your mood changes. This is what I do and it's a super fun game. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC