I made it 6 months

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
... Before buying another seat. :cool:

hsj50h.jpg

Finding a seat that would fit so I could have one outboard and one center in our new carwasn't an easy task, but the Complete Air actually fits with room to spare - both rf'ing and ff'ing.

Ds is using the middle position, dd would be using the top position ff'ing, with still having some growing room.

I love the head containment. :D
nyu4js.jpg

And he seems pretty happy in it too.
1rvmro.jpg

Installation was pretty easy considering that the adjuster is on the same side as the radian. I initially thought I'd need noodles, but then realized I could tighten it so snug in to the seatback that they weren't necessary. Made it easy to get the right angle and to get it super tight.

The harness tightens easily too, so another big plus. :)

We'll likely use it rf'ing until spring and then turn ds ff'ing after the risk of snow disappears.

ADS

Mommy0608

Awesome! He looks great in it. I'm glad it's working out so well for you! :thumbsup:

(I've been wondering if you'd end up with this seat! :p)

snowbird25ca

Awesome! He looks great in it. I'm glad it's working out so well for you! :thumbsup:

(I've been wondering if you'd end up with this seat! :p)

:ROTFLMAO:

What made you wonder if I'd end up with this one? :p I don't think I actually mentioned buying it on the board here, lol. Is it just that it's the newest seat to Canada? :whistle:

(Believe it or not, I think it was the only thing that would work this well in that position. At least that I was willing to use anyways. ;))

snowbird25ca

There were enough hints.

Seriously? :eek: It's funny, because any hints I made were completely unintentional then. I just tried it in my car for the first time last night. I wasn't completely sure of the idea until today actually when I found it would work both rf'ing and ff'ing. :p

So apparently everyone here knew before I did. :ROTFLMAO:

eta: Judi, I hadn't seen your post before I quoted earlier. I'm seriously amused though that you guys were thinking I'd buy it when I hadn't even seriously considered it until the last couple days. :p

lovinwaves

Nice! Ours puzzles well with the Radian ff'ing and rf'ing as well. I have the same mentality as you on the rf'ing vs. ff'ing in snowy weather ;)

snowbird25ca

Nice! Ours puzzles well with the Radian ff'ing and rf'ing as well. I have the same mentality as you on the rf'ing vs. ff'ing in snowy weather ;)

Yeah, I was amazed at how well it puzzled - I'd tried the Nautilus, TF both directions, and EFTA both directions - rf'ing was the only way the EFTA worked, and ds was pretty much at the limit. I'd originally figured 3in1, then saw the armrests and ditched that idea.

Ds first good ride in it will be Friday when we go to a playdate about 30mins away. Here's hoping him and dd don't fight it out again like they did last time. :rolleyes:

Shanora

I want one....but don't need one yet....seeing as Cordelia is almost 8 months old and is still only 13 pounds (I swear I feed her....:roflmao: )

canadiangie

I understand the CA has a 36" rf'ing length limit (in Canada).

How do you feel about exceeding it? (I know you really liked using the TF and EFTA with the 1" rule, and prefer to follow the manual to a T).

snowbird25ca

I understand the CA has a 36" rf'ing length limit (in Canada).

How do you feel about exceeding it? (I know you really liked using the TF and EFTA with the 1" rule, and prefer to follow the manual to a T).

I'm ok with it. Jonas is around 38", and I plan on rf'ing him through the winter and then turning him in the spring. He'll be under 40" still by then I'm sure, which is the number they put on the US seat. So I figure if there is a reason for the #, I'll be safe by him still being under that 40". ;)

Honestly though, if a) he had more growing room in the EFTA and it went to 35lbs, or b) I could've found a way to puzzle a TF with the radian, I would've gone with one of those two. But I do feel better that the CA is at least 36" and not 32". Not that it really matters - it's more mental than anything else...

And when the time does come, I'll feel better about ff'ing him in the CA than the other seats I have right now. He has enough room to move his head in the CA, but it wouldn't have much distance to travel before hitting the air pillows in the event we did crash. And for whatever reason, that just makes me feel better. When it comes down to it, the car has good ratings for being a sedan, and it has side curtain airbags. We paid for stability control, and have traction control. So hopefully the extra safety features will help prevent a crash, and in the event we do have one reduce the risk of injury regardless of what seat he's in.

(It's a valid question about his height BTW. If it wasn't for how well the seat fit, I may have discarded the idea completely. But I just couldn't get the TF to work. 1/2" to an inch more and it would've. But obviously I didn't have that room... The CA has space on each side of it so it's not even snug against the Radian the way the EFTA was and it's not against the door either. So it's really that big of a difference. And I'm just not ready to deal with the seat kicking if we turned him ff'ing right now, lol)

snowbird25ca

I want one....but don't need one yet....seeing as Cordelia is almost 8 months old and is still only 13 pounds (I swear I feed her....:roflmao: )

LOL, some kids are just tiny. Though they do gain eventually. I don't remember how old Jillian was when she hit 22lbs anymore - I'm thinking around 18 mos? She's 44lbs now at 5yrs old. Which is fairly average I think.

Mommy0608

Like Judi said, I picked up on little hints here and there. And yes, I should have said when, not if. :p

I also agree with you about the RF through winter idea. Jessica is about 30lbs now fully dressed, but that's with lightweight clothing. One more big growth spurt and the addition of winter clothes and she'll be close. I'm hoping to keep her RF through the winter though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC