Our Flair Graco My Ride 65!!!!

::er!ca::

:love: Love it!

As much as I said I hated the look of the seat (base, mainly) when it first came out, I'm absolutely in love with this seat. I'm so happy that I decided to go with it. It saved me $100 going with the MR instead of the CA, and I'm confident that we'll have no problem getting Isabel to age 3 or 4 rear facing in this seat. :thumbsup:

I was a little disappointed when it first arrived. I saw the delivery guy walking along side my house to my backporch to drop it off, so I met him out there. Instantly I turned red! The box :eek: I said to him, "Wow that sure is damaged!" and he just chuckled "heh, yeah, sorry." and walked off. :mad:
DSC_0014-9.jpg

DSC_0015-11.jpg

So I took pictures and came inside to upload them here. You all made me feel better, saying this is normal and after inspecting the seat for cracks or damage you'd feel confident in using the seat without second thought. So that's what I did, and everything was good to go!!! :D

She's on the middle slot, 3rd from top/3rd from bottom
DSC_0001-8.jpg

DSC_0003-10.jpg

Brinlee decided to get in it, she'd be on the next to top slot rear facing, and has plenty of growing room. She insists she wants a seat like Isabel, but at 4 yrs 4 mo. I'm fine with her forward facing and we won't be buying her one. She has wild hair, but if you press her hair down the top of her head is right at that piping between the pattern fabric and the gray fabric. She's 35 pounds and between 41 and 42 inches... depending on who measures her and her mood :whistle:
Head room, forward facing position (legs out) uninstalled sitting on floor
DSC_0005-6.jpg

Isabel went down for a nap, so I headed outside to install the seat and once it cooled down I took Brinlee outside to give it a try. It installed wonderfully in my car. No noodle needed, and it's as upright as it can go for the little leveler ball to still be in the green area. The edge of the ball is on the red/green line. I'm happy with the recline though.
Head room, installed rear facing
DSC_0002-6.jpg

A couple different leg positions she was trying out
DSC_0007-9.jpg

DSC_0010-11.jpg

Then Isabel woke up from her nap so we went outside to play!!
She approves!!
DSC_0002-7.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

It's so hard to get pictures in the back seat of my 2 door car. There isn't a lot of room to be inbetween the My Ride and the Nautilus we have for Brinlee. I definitely couldn't get a 3rd car seat between there.

ADS

Raegansmom4

Ahhh. Makes me wish I had a Flair cover instead of Bartlett... I also have a Brinlee!! Your dd is the first Brinlee I've encountered (especially w/ that spelling - saw a boy w/ Brinley). Both your girls are adorable in that cute Flair MR!!

Ahhh. Makes me wish I had a Flair cover instead of Bartlett... I also have a Brinlee!! Your dd is the first Brinlee I've encountered (especially w/ that spelling - saw a boy w/ Brinley). Both your girls are adorable in that cute Flair MR!!

I've come across a few Brinlee's on the internet, with all different spellings, and a few IRL (in my small town too). We went with this spelling because my sister and my FIL's middle names are Lee.

Maybe you could purchase a Flair cover from Graco, and then you'd have a back up? We almost settled for a Bartlett over the weekend but didn't.

And I'm totally shocked at Target's fast shipping. I've NEVER received a Target order this fast. I ordered Monday morning and received the car seat today, Wednesday afternoon. I just did the standard shipping. I also ordered 3 pairs of pajamas for myself, but they've yet to arrive.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
What does Graco say in the manual for max height RF? and does your older DD have a long/short/average torso?

Great pattern and super cute kids!

For rear facing, there is no height mentioned for max. It states the 1" rule.

As for her torso, I'm not sure... I'll measure it tomorrow, she's already in bed :)

Umm.... then the manual goes on to say

"When a child can no longer comfortably fit and knees remain bent, child should use car seat forward facing only if child is over 20 pounds and can sit upright unassisted." (bold is my emphasis)

????

Since when are the knees being bent a bad thing? A 1 year old could have bent knees if they had long legs.

jujumum

Adorable!! My dd and I :love: the Flair.:)

I think that the concensus is to ignore the odd bent knees comment.:confused:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
For rear facing, there is no height mentioned for max. It states the 1" rule.

As for her torso, I'm not sure... I'll measure it tomorrow, she's already in bed :)
Thanks!

Umm.... then the manual goes on to say

"When a child can no longer comfortably fit and knees remain bent, child should use car seat forward facing only if child is over 20 pounds and can sit upright unassisted." (bold is my emphasis)

????

Since when are the knees being bent a bad thing? A 1 year old could have bent knees if they had long legs.
Totally crypic wording they have! So what if a child fit comfortably and has bent knees? Sounds to me like that's okay according to the manual. And if that's the case, then bent knees really has nothing to do with it, the fitting comfortably seems to be what's most important. :shrug-shoulders:

abbi_n_nadia

Very cute! Since your older dd fits its making me wonder....hmmm... I would love to hear what her torso height is also!

How old is Isabelle & what is her weight?

I keep going back & forth on the MR or a RN for my girls. Cost wise the MR is the better bet, but length of use time the RN is the best bet.

I've tried my girls in the MR installed in the test bench at BRU & they are on the second from bottom slot at 18m.

I too love the Flair. I wish Target offered a twin discount.

ETA: My DD2 is Brynnley!!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Don't worry about the bent legs wording...who wants to sit around with straight legs? THAT would be uncomfortable, lol (though mommytomarcus has a picture in her siggy and his legs are straight and it's a pretty funny comeback to the warning, I think, like 'bent legs? what bent legs?' :love:)

swtgi1982

Wow I think that is odd, I know many kids who are not even one that would meet that requirements over 20lbs and can sit upright unassisted. TO many "normal" parents would turn not yet one year olds based on this. I think that they need to reconsider this statement and at least add the one year and twenty pounds that is law in all 50 states! :eek: They need not mislead parents since it is a law, but personally I feel like safety first has in their new CA that all manufactures should stress the rear face as long a possible.

Maybe a letter, or several, might be beneficial to getting them to change this statement! :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: What do you guys think??? I know we got enough people on here to get on their nerves about it if more then just me write in! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

How old is Isabelle & what is her weight?

I keep going back & forth on the MR or a RN for my girls. Cost wise the MR is the better bet, but length of use time the RN is the best bet.

I've tried my girls in the MR installed in the test bench at BRU & they are on the second from bottom slot at 18m.

I too love the Flair. I wish Target offered a twin discount.

ETA: My DD2 is Brynnley!!!

Isabel is 15 months old, 25 pounds, 32 inches.

As for Brinlee's torso height, she was very adamant that I not measure her. We'll try again tomorrow, I hope she's in a better mood!!! :rolleyes:

What is the average torso height for a 4-5 year old? She isn't necessarily short, she is about 42 inches.

Raegansmom4

My oldest will be 4 in Nov and is 41" but has a long torso b/c she is just level with the top of the shell, so an inch too tall to rf in it (besides the fact she weighs 42 lbs, I was just checking based on height). It's so hard to say how kids will fit car seats!

Mommy2Marcus

Don't worry about the bent legs wording...who wants to sit around with straight legs? THAT would be uncomfortable, lol [B](though mommytomarcus has a picture in her siggy and his legs are straight and it's a pretty funny comeback to the warning, I think, like 'bent legs? what bent legs?' :love:)[/[/B]QUOTE]

I absolutly :love: :love: :love: my MR! It has been an awsome seat so far! I have not had any issues with installs in any car that I have tried it in either.

Your girls are absolutly adorable to! Thanks for all the pics! I hope you love your MR as much as I do mine.

As for the bent legs, I agree, what bent legs! He LOVES to sit like this often. I LOVE it to! Just check out my siggy pic!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC