Coccoro vs Cheap "Travel" seat? Input please.

ckelly626

In my never ending quest for a the perfect travel seat I have come up with yet another scenario. I have read and seen pics about the coccoro and think it looks really neat and small which seems like it would be great for flying and for my carolla when kid #2 comes around (if everything goes according to plan the next kid would likely be born some time next fall.) I currently have a Safety 1st All in one which is pretty narrow compared to some but is pretty heavy to have to haul (we have a TEN HOUR layover in LAX after flying 13 hours in a plane!) so I think I want another seat to travel with. My options I think are: The ever popular Scenera OR I figured out how to get a Coccoro from diapers.com for under $130 and that is pretty tempting. What would you do? Also, how do you like the Evenflo Tribute? I saw one at Kmart last night and unless my eyes were just tired it looked a little shorter than the Scenera and perhaps slightly narrower? Thanks so much! ;)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
How old is your child? How big? Does s/he have a long or short torso? What slots is s/he in in his/her seat?

I would not recommend the Tribute, it's not a very long-lasting seat at all. It's definitely shorter than the Scenera but I don't think it's narrower; not sure though...

The Scenera will last longer rear-facing by both weight and height than the Coccoro (though only slightly by weight.)

ckelly626

How old is your child? How big? Does s/he have a long or short torso? What slots is s/he in in his/her seat?

I would not recommend the Tribute, it's not a very long-lasting seat at all. It's definitely shorter than the Scenera but I don't think it's narrower; not sure though...

The Scenera will last longer rear-facing by both weight and height than the Coccoro (though only slightly by weight.)

DD is 14 months, 21lbs and skinny and long. She's on the second to last slots on her Safety 1st all in one. Maybe I'll go to Walmart tonight and put her in the Scenera. I guess my concern (though it might no be a legitimate one???) is the lack of cushion in the Scenera. Compared to her current seat it seems really hard but maybe she won't care? Thanks for the reply!:love:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If she's skinny and long I would not recommend the Coccoro. The Scenera maybe but if you prefer more cushioning, you might prefer the Safety 1st Avenue, which has a nicer cover and also has EPP foam for energy absorption. It also has a taller shell and top slots and will last longer both rear- and forward-facing. It's at Kmart and Sears.

PHaley

I second the vote for the Ave, I was going to replace dgd2 scenera with one for Christmas but she's over two and her parents won't keep her rf even though she's small and would be safer so I'm now onto the new EG65 but thats a tangent for you the AVENUE would be great! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC