An intro and a question

m1324

Hello! I've been reading here for a long time, but just registered today. I'm Megs, 26 with two kids (DD 4.5, DS 2.5). I drive a Honda Pilot, in which, DD FFs (stats are 42", 37lbs) in a WZ (and sometimes MA) installed with LATCH. DS (stats are 31", 25lbs) is RFing in a BV.

I would really like to become a certified tech, but have not been able to find a course in my area. :( Any advice on that? I'm in the St. Louis area, if that helps and am available for the course pretty much any time.

ADS

mish

Hello! I've been reading here for a long time, but just registered today. I'm Megs, 26 with two kids (DD 4.5, DS 2.5). I drive a Honda Pilot, in which, DD FFs (stats are 42", 37lbs) in a WZ (and sometimes MA) installed with LATCH. DS (stats are 31", 25lbs) is RFing in a BV.

I would really like to become a certified tech, but have not been able to find a course in my area. :( Any advice on that? I'm in the St. Louis area, if that helps and am available for the course pretty much any time.

Welcome! You will like it here. Be careful, it is addicting:p.

To find a course in your area, go to www.usa.safekids.org/certification On the right hand side, click on courses and put in your information.

jess71903

Ambassador
Welcome! Glad you registered!

I would also suggest that even if it says it's a closed course, to call and check anyway. It may be that they have room for 1 more.

Mommy0608

Yes, check on any that say "private" also. I ended up in one of those. It was a class set aside for a certain group of people but they had room for me. :)

Good for you for wanting to become a CPST! Hope you stick around, we'd love to have you. :thumbsup:

Maedze

*waves*

FRESH MEAT!

Er, that is to say, we'd love to have you and I love to hear of people wanting to take the technician class :D:whistle::p

Mommy2Marcus

Welcome! This site is very addicting. I come here at least 2 times a day! I hope you get to take the course soon. I am also wanting to take the course, but need to find a class & then a baby sitter as well as requesting time off.

Elizabeths_Daddy

Welcome, I am also considering the idea of getting certified :thumbsup:

I can't help much with Honda question but I can tell you this site is a little addicting. I also find myself looking at car seats every we go.

m1324

Welcome! You will like it here. Be careful, it is addicting:p.

To find a course in your area, go to www.usa.safekids.org/certification On the right hand side, click on courses and put in your information.

I should have been more clear. LOL. I've been searching for one on safekids for a while and there never seem to be any in my area, closed or otherwise...It seems impossible since I'm in a major metro.

Is there another way to become certified? Is there someone I could contact about starting a class? TIA! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC