So it would be a waste to get a True Fit for a 29.5 lb 18 mo?

Raegansmom4

So I'm still jonesing to get a True Fit :whistle:(we have a MyRide), so convince me it would be a total waste on a 35 lb rear-facing seat when my 18 mo is just shy of 30 lbs already and her big sis hit 35 lbs at about 26 months...:p

ADS

susanx4

i don't think its a total waste i have one for my 28 lb 29 month old :) she will be able to rf for at least another 1yr-18 months easy

Raegansmom4

I don't want a CA b/c of the 50 lb ff limit and $250 price tag. My kids would possibly outgrow the harness by weight before height. My oldest is in a GN on the second-from-top slot at 43ish lbs, so I bet she would hit 50+ lbs before outgrowing the GN by height - thus making a 65 lb limit seat a crucial point for my kids. The MyRide was really made for my youngest - she's ranged from 10th-50th percentile for height and 80th-90th percentile for weight, so she's one of very, very few that will max the 40 lbs rear-facing in the MR. I just really like the design of the True Fit, lol.

mish

I say, if you like it, get it! You won't use it for a long time RF, but you can use it for a long time FF. I am an enabler :D

April

I bought one for my then 23 month 32.5lb DS, but that was when itwas the only 35lb RF seat in Canada. I dunno, its a NICE seat.

Maedze

Eh, I'll be the bad guy. Don't buy it. It's not a reasonable, fiscally sound purchase :p

There's a world of difference between a thirty pound 28 month old and a 30 pound 18 month old.

jujumum

The True Fit has a draw, but I agree that it would be a waste of money. Buy another cover for the MR to spice things up a bit - there are some on swap (this isn't spam - they are not my covers.:))

Spam

I don't think it's waste either :p I've fallen in :love: with it after hating it, and just order a premiere for my 28lb 14 month old. The MyRide hurt his back, it left really big red marks and he cried almost the entire time he was in it, as much as I loved the seat, it didn't work for us, and well I just don't have the Radian love (yet).

tjham

I say, if you like it, get it! You won't use it for a long time RF, but you can use it for a long time FF. I am an enabler :D

Yeah! I bought a Marathon for a 4 1/2 yr old and she was in it until she was 7 1/2. Some people thought I was crazy when most kids her age went into boosters

Why would it be a waste?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC