Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Our new car seat just got delivered, but I'm very disappointed!

We ordered the Flair My Ride 65 from Target and it came today (which I was excited about) but as I walked out to the backporch as the delivery guy dropped it off, I was shocked to see the condition that the box was in. The guy was still there and I said, "Whoa, that's completely dented up." He just chuckled and said "Yeah, sorry." and walked off. I'm really disappointed.

What would you do? Would you use the seat or send it back? Would you complain?

I've never ordered a car seat online before, but I've ordered lots of other things and I've *NEVER* received a damaged box. I've also never seen a car seat box damaged at the retail store.... except over the weekend when we went to Target to see if they had the Flair. They didn't have Flair, but they had 1 Bartlett. We passed because the box looked about like this one did. I assumed that one was possibly returned and that's why it was in that state. Since I passed on that one, I'm wondering if I should pass on this one too.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Our new car seat just got delivered, but I'm very disappointed!

Looks pretty typical to me. I have seen much much worse. I personally would not return it.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Especially since you saw another My Ride box in the same condition, I'd just assume that they don't use very thick boxes and they tend to warp when something is stacked on top.

I'd use it without a thought.
    Maiya ~ 12y/80lbs ~ Jane Indy Plus ~ Hayden ~ 9y/55lbs ~ SK Monterey ~ Quinn ~ 8y/45lbs ~ RXT ~ Mitchell ~ 18m/24lbs ~ Arctic Cat MA

It is fine. A lot of boxes get a little damage like that in shipping. Just by stacking a few on top of each other, they can get like that.

I just got a Flair as well, and our box looked almost exactly the same. Graco ships them out with like one layer of flimsy tape. I popped the top of the box back into place pretty easily, and then the cat jumped on top of it and it caved in again. I really don't think it was too abused
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

Carseat Crazy

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it! This is exactly what my DH said, but I wanted to be sure it was ok to use before I go opening it up and drooling all over it!!! I know Target has a funky return policy, so if I was going to return it... I didn't want to compromise anything.

Thank you Now I'm going to go get it out of the box and play with it

Dude, my MyRide box was WAAAAAAAAY worse than that. Maybe Graco should do something about it.

Sarah- mama to
    Jackson - 7 years - ProBooster
    Maiya - 5.5 years - SureRide

I'd inspect the seat itself for damage and go from there. I got a Radian from BabyCatalog a few months back and the corner of the box was really pushed in and damaged... I was told not to worry about it, but then upon closer inspection the plastic on the bottom corner of the seat near that corner was cracked. BabyCatalog resolved it immediately and sent me a new one.
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

Yeah, their tape-r needs to get fired, or at least schooled in the benefits of using two peices of tape instead of one
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

The Radian box, though doesn't really have a crumple zone like the myride box does.

Carseat Crazy

I'm sooooooooooooo please with this seat! I'm very happy that I got this seat instead of the Complete Air. I saved $100, and I got a cute girly cover! My older daughter, 4 years and 4 months old weighing 35 pounds and 41-42 inches tall can still rear face in this seat! I was totally shocked to see that!!! I was worried that we wouldn't get Isabel to 3 rear facing, which is my ultimate goal... though if we reach 3 and I want to continue, I definitely will. Now I feel very confident that we'll get way past 3 with her rear facing. The top of my 4 year olds head is only at the piping where the print stops! Isabel, 15 months, 25 pounds, 32 inches, is on the 3rd slot up. Brinlee is on the 4th slot up (2nd from the top) and that slot is just at her shoulders. My 4 year 1 month old niece (33-34 pounds) would be on the same slot height as my 15 month old rear facing.

The cover is beautiful! So girly!

I'm glad your happy with your seat! I put DS in one the other day at work just for fun and he didn't scream, which, if you knew him, is a big cause he screams about most everything new.

I was also just gonna chime in and say that the return policies for on-line returns are different than the normal policies (still 90 days) but you have your reciept and as long as it didn't say no in store return, you should have been able to return it with little hassle Oh and I've seen boxes come off our trucks much much worse... really, it would scare you to see how they stack the trucks and where the seats are in relation to everything.
    Mom to Peanut(12/2008) harnessed in FR90 and Snuggle Bug(10/2013) RFing in Blvd CT & XTSL

Carseat Crazy

I just installed it in my car (97 Pontiac Grand Prix, 2 door, seat belt install) and it was a breeze! Rock solid! I'm so happy Now I want to go somewhere... but it's so hot and my A/C went out last month

can't wait to see pics!

Kate(CPST) - Mommy to Gage(5/18/07)
    FF in a Blaze Recaro Prosport & Cardinal Frontier 85 SICT