Our new car seat just got delivered, but I'm very disappointed!

::er!ca::

We ordered the Flair My Ride 65 from Target and it came today (which I was excited about) but as I walked out to the backporch as the delivery guy dropped it off, I was shocked to see the condition that the box was in. The guy was still there and I said, "Whoa, that's completely dented up." He just chuckled and said "Yeah, sorry." and walked off. I'm really disappointed.

What would you do? Would you use the seat or send it back? Would you complain?

I've never ordered a car seat online before, but I've ordered lots of other things and I've *NEVER* received a damaged box. I've also never seen a car seat box damaged at the retail store.... except over the weekend when we went to Target to see if they had the Flair. They didn't have Flair, but they had 1 Bartlett. We passed because the box looked about like this one did. I assumed that one was possibly returned and that's why it was in that state. Since I passed on that one, I'm wondering if I should pass on this one too.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

ADS

keri1292

Especially since you saw another My Ride box in the same condition, I'd just assume that they don't use very thick boxes and they tend to warp when something is stacked on top.

I'd use it without a thought. :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It is fine. A lot of boxes get a little damage like that in shipping. Just by stacking a few on top of each other, they can get like that.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I just got a Flair as well, and our box looked almost exactly the same. Graco ships them out with like one layer of flimsy tape. I popped the top of the box back into place pretty easily, and then the cat jumped on top of it and it caved in again. I really don't think it was too abused ;)

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it! This is exactly what my DH said, but I wanted to be sure it was ok to use before I go opening it up and drooling all over it!!! I know Target has a funky return policy, so if I was going to return it... I didn't want to compromise anything.

Thank you :) Now I'm going to go get it out of the box and play with it :)

mom2juliarose

I'd inspect the seat itself for damage and go from there. I got a Radian from BabyCatalog a few months back and the corner of the box was really pushed in and damaged... I was told not to worry about it, but then upon closer inspection the plastic on the bottom corner of the seat near that corner was cracked. BabyCatalog resolved it immediately and sent me a new one.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yeah, their tape-r needs to get fired, or at least schooled in the benefits of using two peices of tape instead of one :rolleyes:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The Radian box, though doesn't really have a crumple zone like the myride box does.

I'm sooooooooooooo please with this seat! I'm very happy that I got this seat instead of the Complete Air. I saved $100, and I got a cute girly cover! My older daughter, 4 years and 4 months old weighing 35 pounds and 41-42 inches tall can still rear face in this seat! I was totally shocked to see that!!! I was worried that we wouldn't get Isabel to 3 rear facing, which is my ultimate goal... though if we reach 3 and I want to continue, I definitely will. Now I feel very confident that we'll get way past 3 with her rear facing. The top of my 4 year olds head is only at the piping where the print stops! Isabel, 15 months, 25 pounds, 32 inches, is on the 3rd slot up. Brinlee is on the 4th slot up (2nd from the top) and that slot is just at her shoulders. My 4 year 1 month old niece (33-34 pounds) would be on the same slot height as my 15 month old rear facing.

The cover is beautiful! So girly!

TheNimpsGirl

I'm glad your happy with your seat! I put DS in one the other day at work just for fun and he didn't scream, which, if you knew him, is a big :thumbsup: cause he screams about most everything new.

I was also just gonna chime in and say that the return policies for on-line returns are different than the normal policies (still 90 days) but you have your reciept and as long as it didn't say no in store return, you should have been able to return it with little hassle :) Oh and I've seen boxes come off our trucks much much worse... really, it would scare you to see how they stack the trucks and where the seats are in relation to everything.

I just installed it in my car (97 Pontiac Grand Prix, 2 door, seat belt install) and it was a breeze! Rock solid! I'm so happy :) Now I want to go somewhere... but it's so hot and my A/C went out last month :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC