Car sickness Tips?

chloebeansmom

My DD is 19 months old. She currently rides RF in a RN65, A Priori, and a SS1. Over the last 2 months or so she has started to get some motion sickness. She's fine while the car is moving but once we stop and she gets out of the car she'll throw up. It happens maybe once/week. I obviously won't be turning her FF anytime soon. (she can't even legally FF yet she's only 19lbs and I plan on RFing until AT LEAST 3yo).

Does anyone have any tips on how to combat this?

ADS

Wiggles

Maybe a stupid question, but is she getting out of the carseat right away when you stop? If she's only throwing up outside of the car, after you get her out, have you tried letting her sit in the carseat for a couple extra minutes to find her equilibrium in the stationary vehicle before pulling her out? And have you tried having her stand very still when you first get her out? It almost sounds to me like it's the change in motions that's getting to her instead of the motion of driving itself.

Another quick question, has her paediatrician had a look in her ears lately? Sometimes motion sickness can be caused by a low-level ear infection or water in the ear or something of that nature that's correctable. Unlikely, since it's been 2 months, but possibly worth having a look at?

chloebeansmom

Normally I would say yes to that question, but the other night when it happened she had been sitting in her seat stationary for about 5 minutes before she got out. It does seem to be the transition from riding to walking that does it. I will ask her ped about the ear issue next time we see him.

Thanks for the input.

Mommy2Marcus

Is her seat more upright? Maybe a more upright angle will help with the motion sickness? If she is more upright, what about more reclined? Has anything at all changed with her car seats in the last couple of months?? Is she doing it more in one seat that the other?

Those are just some of the things that I can think of. I would deffinatly get her ears checked.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC