What's the deal with Porsche car seats?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Someone on my CL is selling a Porsche booster seat (only $250!) so I thought I'd look it up.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/personalisation/tequipment/911-997/childseats/

(Note to mods: That's a link to the Porsche site, not the CL post. This isn't a CL thread.)

Ummm...The baby looks like he's falling out of the seat, suspended only by his crotch.

The middle kid...is that more like an impact cushion than a shield booster?

Is there something special about the booster?

And is the first picture indicating that LATCH can be retrofitted in the front seat?

Just wondering. I'm certainly not in the market for a Porsche (or one of their seats).

ADS

Maedze

I'm pretty sure Porche works with Britax.

I'm wondering if the baby in the seat isn't a bad photoshop, the proportions looks wrong.

The toddler is in an EPS foam cushion style seat...very nice seats for a FF seat with limited application.

The booster looks pretty standard.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Mercedes also had a bunch of the same looking seats once (and yeah, they do deactivate airbags, except a lot were recalled because that gadget failed...).

Maedze

Yeah, that is the first thing I thought.

Also, the shield looking seat definetely looks cushier/more secure than like an OHS Scenera, but, still... am I missing something?

That three-point harness is very different from standard American three-point harnesses. Those seats are designed to fit newborns perfectly. I would be very comfortable using a European 3-point harness if given the opportunity. I would never use an American 3-point harness.

The impact foam seats bear absolutely no relation to the American OHS seats, either. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC