Convertible for a Liberty

Heather98012

I have a friend on the east coast who is looking to move her dd out of the infant into a convertible seat. She says her intentions are to rear face as long as possible (dunno for sure though) & wants some ideas.

It's a 2004 Jeep Liberty. I know the headrests in Jeeps tend to be weird, which won't be an issue while rearfacing, but might be when she turns dd forward. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

ETA: Her dd is almost a year (next month) & is 32" & 23 lbs.

ADS

Elizabeths_Daddy

My wife drivers a 2004 Liberty and we find the MA, FPSVD and Como convertibles fairly east to install RF in the center seat. We had the FPSVD forward facing for a few months (before I learned better) and the head rests were not an issue with the FPSVD. We plan on trying out the TF and RN seats in the Liberty tomorrow afternoon and I can report back after we have tested them.

Last edited:

Heather98012

Let me know what happens when you try the installs today. Thanks for the info! Any other opinions on a long lasting RFing seat for a Liberty?

Elizabeths_Daddy

Let me know what happens when you try the installs today. Thanks for the info! Any other opinions on a long lasting RFing seat for a Liberty?

Sorry to report we did not make it out this afternoon,the weather was terrbile and my DD dance class ran a little late anyway. We are going to try again tomorrow if the weather permits and I will report back once we do. I have hopes for the TF, I am really likeing the look of that seat.

Mom2three

I just got rid of my 2005 Libery. We installed the following convertable seats in it with no problems.

BLVD (in all 3 seating positions, but with a lot less recline behind the front seats, or move the seat up a notch or two.)

Avenue (in all 3 seating positions, no problems, but we did need pool noodles or towel.)

RN65 (really only fits in the center due to the recline angle, unless you shove the front seat up all of the way. With the new base, it went in beautifully. The seats are pretty dense, so I never had any luck getting a more upright install)

TF (went in with no problems in both outboard positions, never tried the center. But I had to get it pretty upright to be able to sit in the front passenger seat with the headrest on.)

AIO (only installed it in the outboard positions, and didn't have any problems)

Scenera (again no problems in outboard positions, didn't try it in the center. Needed a pool noodle or towel to get a decent recline)

I am not sure if there were any others that we tried. I will keep thinking.

ETA: I am not a tech. and most of these installs were not checked by one. Although they were all rock solid and per each seat's manual.

Heather98012

Were those all RF'ing or did you try FF'ing as well? I'm just concerned about the headrests when she does go to FF (assuming she still has the car then).

Mom2three

Were those all RF'ing or did you try FF'ing as well? I'm just concerned about the headrests when she does go to FF (assuming she still has the car then).

Sorry about that. I had installed quite a few of them FF for friends kids, my LOs still RF though. I never had a problem with the headrests in my 05. They come off, and if they had been in the way I would just take them off. The front headrests however angle forward and are not removeable.

Elizabeths_Daddy

We finally made it out to Babyearth today. The True Fit went into the Liberty with no problems. The Radian was not available for our testing. I am in love with the TF, it looks like a steal for the <$200 price tag. I was very impressed with the features/quality of this seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC