Girly seat, WWYB?

romanoma

What would you buy?

My DD is 16 mo, I think pretty average size all around. All my seats are neutral so my kids can share, but I've decided that she (and I) deserve at least one girly seat.

I have 2 40lb radians that I can use when she gets to be a much bigger RFer, so I'm not worried about the best ERF seat. Plus, I can't have 2 kids in RF radians at the same time due to leg room for the driver. I want cheapish and beautiful :eek:

Right now I'm torn between the flair myride
http://www.target.com/s/184-5029065...1038576&searchPage=1&searchRank=relevancerank

and either the Allie or Hannah MA for $199
https://www.travelingtikes.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/?E+scstore

Or the Meghan BLVD, either 2008 for $189 or the 2009 for $229
http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-boulevard-convertible-car-seat-2007-meghan.html

My concerns are that I won't want to use the MR FF due to the recline, but I'm also concerned that I won't like the MA FF b/c there's not much SIP. So that brought me to the BLVD, but after seeing Splash's pics, I'm afraid the head wings will be horrible and not good for FF either. So much to consider!!!

So, if you liked all the patterns equally well, WWYD?

ADS

Mommy0608

Is the Monet True Fit not an option? It has nice deep sides and is fully lined with EPP foam. :)

If those are the only options, then I don't know... sorry! :shrug-shoulders:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have a Meghan BLVD and my wings are nothing like that! I think Splash has an anomalous and/or broken one. (I like the old style headwings better than new, if you want my opinion.)

jujumum

I'm pondering this dilemma myself - MR vs. MA vs. BV. My 25 mo fits fabulously in all 3 and all 3 are made in the USA.

The MR has most leg room and overall higher sides (except for the BV wings).

The MA/BV have a rf tether, which creates such a solid install in my van rf, and are also heavier plastic and covers are more plush. The MA/BV have latch bars for insanely easy installs with a vehicle with a latch. The MA/BV also have lockoffs if you need to use a seatbelt, and have 3/4" thick padding under the cover.

The BV fits the best of the 3 IMO when ff due to the headwings, but do you need to use the seat ff when you have the radians? I find the BV headwings a little annoying when rf, as they seem to get in the way and seem delicate. The MR/MA are 'throw and go' seats - just plop the dc in, harness and go.

I just gave my dd by ds's BV for ff, and bought him a MR. I'm not sure I'll keep it or use the DC. The MR shell is flexible at the top, and shifts slightly when pushed (which I know is not necessary for testing a fit, but I was comparing the two seats) and can rebound without a rf tether, whereas the DC is like a rock from top to bottom.

Between the 2008 & 2009 BVs, I prefer the 2009, BTW (I have both). Mostly based on looks, not function.

obamamama

I prefer the MA over the others ones. Yes, it's not as new and exciting as the MR65 but it's tried and true. I also don't like the BLVD choice due to the actual cover on it is sooo light, the pink will show mud/dirt a LOT.

I like the Hannah MA because the brown cover will hide dirt well, and its the most luxurious looking one.

my :twocents:: these are all great seats IMO, and you can drive yourself nuts trying to figure what's the greatest of the great choices.
If it were me, I think I'd opt for the Hannah MA - it's cute without screaming PINKKK at you, and the dark cover will hide dirt better than the pink seats;)

romanoma

Is the Monet True Fit not an option? It has nice deep sides and is fully lined with EPP foam. :)
:shrug-shoulders:

I have played with the TF and I was not a fan of the lock-offs at all! Plus I don't like the monet as much as the others. :eek: If I got a TF it would be the TFP and that is a lot more $$. (I did kind of like that princess cover...;))

(I like the old style headwings better than new, if you want my opinion.)

Between the 2008 & 2009 BVs, I prefer the 2009, BTW (I have both). Mostly based on looks, not function.

One vote old, one vote new...any tie breakers?

Also jujumum, your dd doesn't have forward head slump in her FF BLVD?

I would say the Flora RNXT:D

I love the flora XT also, but as I said, I can't have 2 RF radians in my car at the same time, so I'd have to FF my son to have DD in the flora. Plus, it's at least $100 more than the others! :eek:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I love the MA and the BV. The MA is my all time fav seat and I'd buy another in a heartbeat! I do love the cover on that BV, though. VERY cute.

jujumum

Also jujumum, your dd doesn't have forward head slump in her FF BLVD?

My dd had massive ff slump in the TF, but none in the BV. I have had no issues with the BV with any type of headslump since I made minor modifications which I would share at risk of being flamed.:whistle:

If you want to know what I did, I'll tell you, but I can neither condone nor recommend that anyone else do the same.

3plus2isme

Out of what you've listed I love the MA. MAs are my all-time favourite seat :love:

BUT, after seeing the Flora radian that's definitely on my "must have" list if it comes to Canada (well, I guess I could always get the cover seperate lol)... I LOVVVVE that cover!

TiaxMarie

I have 2 MA and 2 TF, so either of those gets my vote. I really like the Allie, but I think it will look dirty fast, so Hannah gets my vote. We have Ashley and we are constantly cleaning it, and it's a backup seat. My darker colored Brooke MA is our full time seat and I've only washed that cover once.

Kayleen

Any reason you are not considering a Graco Nautilus since you are looking to forward face after outgrowing the other seats rearfacing? Costs less than the other seats mentioned (aside from the MR65). Couple cute girly covers, the daisy, the mariposa. Not as cute as others mentioned but cheaper seats that do convert to boosters as well. Just options. Just wondering.

LuvMyGirls

Any reason you are not considering a Graco Nautilus since you are looking to forward face after outgrowing the other seats rearfacing? Costs less than the other seats mentioned (aside from the MR65). Couple cute girly covers, the daisy, the mariposa. Not as cute as others mentioned but cheaper seats that do convert to boosters as well. Just options. Just wondering.

For now, she's just looking for a smaller-than-Radian girly rear-facing seat for her 16 mth old.

I'm not a Marathon fan, but I really love the Hannah cover. It may show more dirt, but it is sooooo cute!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC