Question When did SKJP start making Radians that rear faced to 35 lbs and the new boot?

kittykate

I need to know if the display at BBB had the new boot or the old (the DOM was in 11/08 and it had a rear facing limit of 33 lbs)

ADS

Pixels

At one point I had a seat made in August 2008 and one in Sept 2008. There's a link in my siggy to a thread with all the differences, but the Sept 08 had the new boot and a 35 pound sticker. The Aug 08 had the old boot, 33 pound sticker, and said 35 pounds in the manual.

kittykate

At one point I had a seat made in August 2008 and one in Sept 2008. There's a link in my siggy to a thread with all the differences, but the Sept 08 had the new boot and a 35 pound sticker. The Aug 08 had the old boot, 33 pound sticker, and said 35 pounds in the manual.

Now I'm really confused as to how they ended up with a 11/08 seat with a 33lb sticker :confused: It also looked like it was the old boot, based on your pictures...

I really need to find someone near me with a newish Radian I can play with.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
For a long time the Radian went to 35 lbs but they never bothered putting the right stickers on. I don't remember when the 35-lb seats started to be manufactured, but the one you saw likely IS a 35-lb seat, just with the wrong sticker.

Don't hold me to that, though.

Also, when the sticker and manual contradict each other, it's parental decision which to follow. (Edit: Although SK has SAID those go to 35, so I wouldn't have any qualms with it. But if someone is very, very conservative about things, it might give them pause.)

Keep in mind that SK has since stated that seats made 9/08 or later are now approved to 40 lbs RF.

mslancast

Keep in mind that SK has since stated that seats made 9/08 or later are now approved to 40 lbs RF.

Sweet. I just checked ours and it's 12/08. It's not my favorite seat - it's been our secondary in Daddy's truck - but since I can RF to 40lb, we're going to move it to the van and keep DD2 RF a bit longer. I wasn't sure she was going to be be able to make it to 3 yrs old RF, because she's already 33lb. This should get her there. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC