When did your child outgrow the Evenflo chase?

Logan is 4 years 8 months, 38 pounds, 42 inches.

This was Logan in the chase today. I think he is going to outgrow it by weight before height. He did just have a huge growth spurt(he takes forever to gain weight).

Excuse his crazy hair and weird look! He was not happy about pics
(Yes, I have the armrests off-they broke and evenflo and techs here said it was fine).

Last edited:
ADS

scoutingbear

A was still fitting in it height wise at 4 + years, but outgrew it by weight before he was even 4! Nice tall harness slots on that one, I tell ya! It is C's seat now at my parent's house, but we are quickly nearing the weight limit as well. Now, to figure out how to word my CL ad for it...

babyherder

A child I babysit for outgrew it by weight around 5 years old. He was 42 lbs at his 5 year old checkup but still fit the chase by height a few weeks after when I tried him in it. He'll be boostered in it next time (as long as the fit is ok)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
DD was out of hers a tad before 4y because she was right at 40 lbs as often as not. She still had some height left though. I LOVE the height and really wish it were rated to 50 instead of say..the titan?

HKP1042

Nick is still in his, we moved it to MIL's car since he outgrew her crappy Cosco.

He is 39 in, 35 lbs. so I am hoping that he fits in it for another year or so then I will move him to a booster in her car.

Shaunam

I haven't put DS in the chase in a long time. He was close to outgrowing it by height but his torso grows sooooo slowly these days so he may still fit. I did put him in the visions the other day. It's supposed to be the same seat but it seriously has top slots about 1" higher than the chase. Anyway, I sold it to DD's nurse and we had to ride in her car the other day. DS apparently lost weight and was only 38 lbs at his WIC appointment so I just put him in that and he still had 1" over his shoulders. So he could probably still barely fit in the chase at 4 1/2 years old. For thin kids it really is a good budget seat. We got the visions for $30 at big lots!

Hmmm...if we move to Canada I think we can use it to 48 pounds. :rolleyes:

No, kidding and the cargo! Ughhh! My child probally could of went from a safeseat(RF to 2 and 30) to the chase till 5 and then a booster. Skinny short torso kid.

I love the evenflo chase such a cheap priced seat and nice tall slots. Now, evenflo up the weight on this seat and take of the armrests and side belt guides so I can use it for 3-across :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC