securing oxygen tank, need ideas

borntraci

Long story short, we just brought my son home from the hospital on oxygen. Because of child care issues, my daughters car seat is installed in another vehicle right now and we need to use a built in seat in our van for her. But the built in seat is next to the seat my son (the one on oxygen has to be in (he has to be next to a door and easily reachable at all times) so there is no seatbelt next to him to use to secure his oxygen tank. He rides rearfacing behind the driver, DD rides FF in the built in seat behind the passenger, and my oldest rides in a booster behind the baby.

Anyone have any ideas on how to secure the O2 tank where it can be easily grabbed in an emergency and still reach the baby, while not being a danger to everyone else in the van? he's only home 1 week each month right now, but there are necessary car trips each week he is home (clinic and labs).

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Will it fit in a backpack? you could use a carabiner to secure it to a metal rod under the front seats (where you would secure a D-ring adapter).

borntraci

I was planning to secure it to the floor but can't figure out how. It won't be an issue again for 3 more weeks so I have time to figure this out. It does not fit in a back pack its an "E" tank (the tall ones that you put in a rolling cart to drag around). I'm thinking maybe using some kind of cord to secure it to the front seat as best I can? I have to be able to grab and go in a instant, which is part of the problem since its emergency use, and he's not typically on it, and I need to be able to secure it just as quickly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC